
Yesterday, Maddie and I drove down to the Tri-Cities for my close friend, Carrie's baby shower. When we arrived, my great friends had already "scoped" out the sick people (luckily, a lady had announced she was sick upon arriving, why she came, WHO KNOWS!?!) The best part of the story is Farrah and Jamie went up to this lady and forewarned her to stay away from me and my baby! Don't you just love it...how awesome is that!?!? The poor gal sat in the corner and secluded herself from the crowd...nice on her part and maybe next time she won't attend a social event when she's sick. Nothing like having your "homies" take care of your dirty work! Thanks girls! It was such a beautiful day and fun to spend some time outdoors. We went by Susie and Teagan's after the shower and it's always so much fun to spend time with them. Teagan is such a cutie! I'm so grateful for the friendship we share...we are just hoping the girls have their Glenn (next surgery) at Children's Hospital around the same time! Our time frames are about the same since the girls are only a week apart. As I've said before, I just love the wonderful mom's I've met who also have heart babies. The bond that we share is like no other...we have the same worries, dreams, simple joys and we "talk the same talk". It brings such comfort!

I also received this most precious gift in the mail last week from my friend Randee. (I've never laughed harder with anyone else! Fun times we had!) She created a book for Maddie from all of the posts on the blog. It's digitally scrapbooked and so cute. We just love it and Maddie will too someday!
I have enjoyed getting back into "normal life" again...slowly and with much caution, of course. It's been so fun to finally "show off" my sweet daughter! On Wednesday, we'll head over to Bellevue for Maddie's cardiology appointment. It's been 5 weeks since our last one and we're praying for a nice weight gain, a healthy echo, ekg, and dr's visit!!!
5 comments:
Thanks for the sweet words Katie. I have to say I have never been able to top our silly and funny experiences. From the overflowing toilet (A story in itself) to sweet tarts and gummy worms to the night we spent in the RV with Bud and Shirley. Fun times. I just wish we could live closer, at least we can pick up where we left off. I love Maddie's little dress she looks like a little doll. I am sure you are having a blast dressing her up. Take care, Love Ya..Randee
What great friends (and family) you have. When I read your blog I'm always reminded how precious my family and everything in life really is. What a beautiful gift your friend made. Good luck with the visit to Children's on Wednesday!
Your getting brave and dressing her in blue I see! She looks great! I love the family picture too!
Angie
Love the dress--some one really cool with amazing taste probably gave it to you!! LOL Good luck at the Doctors--we will be praying for a good check up.
Hi Katie! Your sweet Maddie is growing so quickly! I love the family photo; you have such a beautiful family! I hope to chat with you soon! Good luck at the cardiology apt tomorrow. I look forward to a great report. Take care, and I'll chat with you soon. Love, Kerri
Post a Comment