Monday, November 10, 2008

Mia!!!



Mia's heart finally came...she's in surgery as I type this. I am overjoyed for the McDonald's and Mia right now. Please pray for them as this is not over yet but we know she's a FIGHTER and this may just be a "piece of cake" compared to what she's overcome the last 4 months! As another transplant heart mom put it, this is Mia's first day of her new life!!! As you pray for this sweet baby, remember the donor family that selflessly gave their baby's heart so another could have a chance at life. I just had to share this special news since I know so many of my "faithful blog followers" have been keeping up on Miss Mia as well. What a wonderful day!!! You can follow her blog here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie -
Oh my gosh........... what great news. I've been hooked on Mia's blog for a while now and am sending my prayer her direction. Please extend my happiness to Mimi and the family. Oh happy day.
Kelsey

Miller Family said...

Oh Katie, this is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Yet another example of how amazing the power of prayer really is! We are thinking of her and her family.

The Simmons Family said...

I am so excited for that precious family!! They have had a rough 4 months... OH YEAH!!! This gives me so much hope!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news Katie. I have followed Mia's blog for a while now. How exciting and to know they don't have to come up with all that money just to get on another list. Oh I pray it goes well for her and what a new happy chapter to start for them.
Randee

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are so pumped about Mia and her heart! It is soooo awesome! It is completely amazing! I am humbled everyday by the way God works!!!!!

Hey love your three babies pictures! Jett loved it! He had to get in Tripp's crib and try it!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that another friend of mine has links to baby Mia's page too! (the Haw's Family) I guess she's pretty involved with their family and are holding a multi state yard sale to help earn some money for the family...small world! How exciting for Mia and her family.

KELLY said...

Yeah!!! I seriously had tears streaming down my face reading her blog last night! God is so good!

likeschocolate said...

I don't know you, but I am also a heart mom. Our prayers are with your family. We wish you all the best.

Becky Noftle said...

good luck baby Mia and the family who loves her sooo much.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing for Mia and her family. It has been such a long battle for them. What a little darling! We will keep them in our prayers. Love the new look on the blog! Hope the boys are feeling better. What a beautiful family!! We love you all so very much!