Saturday, November 8, 2008

Three babies!

The boys keep me hopping these days...here they are, after waking Maddie up from her nap, playing "baby" in her crib. She thought it was great though. Love the bed head too, oh wait, that's how Maddie's hair looks all of the time! We've been staying at home, Cade has been sick all week with a horrible cough and cold. I took him Wednesday to the doctors office and his chest x-ray was clear. His nebulizer treatments leave him WIRED but have helped. Maddie's been showing little symptoms here and there of it, hopefully she won't get it to the extent Cade has it. She's teething on top of this. Also wanted to announce that I'm officially done pumping now too!!! I quit on the 1st of November, said goodbye to my friend, the Medela Symphony Pump, and I have so much more time on my hands now...enough to change the look of the blog :) I was barely getting 1/2 of what she needed in a day so I slowly cut the number of times I pumped. It was a gradual process to lessen the pain! Almost 8 months of pumping was enough and we have frozen breast milk stored to last a while too, although she's been preferring the formula over the frozen milk. She's doing ok with her solids, it's hit and miss, and she's still very much a "snacker" with her bottles, only taking around 20 oz. a day, 3-4 oz. per feeding. I guess as long as she keeps gaining, I'm not going to stress about it! Wish I had her little appetite!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You have pretty cute babies. I hope that Cade and Maddie get to feeling better soon. I am glad to hear that you have some more time to get something you want to get done. I have been pumping for 3 months and it seems like forever. I can't imagine 8 months. I guess it just becomes routine. You are my hero. I hope that you all have a fun Sunday together. Take care and feel better soon!

The B Family said...

Love the new "makeover"! The title design is so precious!

Congrats on your accomplishment! That is incredible! You have given so much to Maddie in so many priceless ways...she is so blessed to have you, Katie!

Darling picture...Maddie never has a bad hair day (it's always so her and so adorable)!

Love to you~ Rebecca

KELLY said...

Love the hair. Love the blog. Love that your three little ones are all snuggled together. Happy No More Pumping Day!!!! I'll do a little dance for you.

So funny that the boys are waking Maddie up...is this one of the many adventures of three????

Miller Family said...

Love the new look of the blog. Hope the kids are feeling better. Ty and Colin tried to get into Emerson's pack and play once and it was pretty crowded.

Kacy said...

I can't believe how cute your babies are!! Little Maddie is getting so big! (Well, big for a heart baby girl, right?!) Mary Clare is still in a 12 month size and she is 16 months!! Oh well, her cheeks make up for a smaller frame! Maddie looks like a sweet little petite one too!

Congratulations on the 8 months of pumping! (You're my hero!)

Becky Noftle said...

Now that you are footloose and fancy free you can come show me how to make cute blogs!

Worsham Family said...

Hey Katie, I love the new look of the blog!!! You can clearly teach me a few things. :) Shelli