Yesterday Maddie was able to get her swine flu shot! Phew. Our family doc, Dr. Allred (uncle), called and only recieved 10 shots for his clinic...Maddie was lucky to recieve one being she's in the high-risk category and in 30 days will recieve the rest of the dose. The boys were also able to get the H1N1 flu-mist so a big SIGH of relief for us, hopefully we're covered now! We've had our Flu shots, H1N1, and Miss Maddie now waits for her VERY EXPENSIVE, monthly, super ouchie, 2 pokes each time Synagis shots regime to begin. Poor thing.
5 comments:
We're still waiting for our H1N1 shots and haven't found anywhere to get them yet. I've spent lots of time calling docs and health dept. I should be getting mine soon, but haven't found anywhere for the kids yet. Grrrrr.
I'm so glad Maddie got hers and I pray that it protects her from it. The Synagis regime is not fun and they learn so quickly what is going to happen. This is the first year that Maggie hasn't gotten them. Seems kind of weird.
Glad you're having a great fall. I love the pics of your sweet girl at the pumpkin patch. She is getting so big!
Luke gets his on Monday! Yea! Mary Bridge just got a shipment in for high-risk kids. Were you and Brian able to find a place to get yours? I really want us to get it soon since Luke won't be fully immune til that booster shot. Let me know if you get any leads on H1N1 shots for us parents!
Your pumpkin patch outings looked so fun! I'm so glad you and Susie and the kids are able to get together so often. Talk to you soon!
Jesse
No...Bryan and I aren't able to get ours until the next round of vaccines is available as I understood it...could be end of November, first of December. Yikes. If I find anything else out though, I'll let you know! I'm with you on getting everyone's at the same time. Has to be difficult though, doesn't it!?!
Gabi has gotten her H1N1 because here is Alaska they are only giving them to kids 2-4, we are still waiting for Sophia to get her, but Syngais started this month too!
Maddie is some kind of cute. Seriously. I am so surpised the boys could get the mist. The clinic we visited said it would be dangerous for my two older some to have the mist because it contains the live virus and McKay could catch it...?? I thought isn;t it more dangerous for his two older brothers to drag it home from school in its full-fledged glory? Still they refused to give them the shot when McKay got his first dose. So we are waiting until they are eligible for the injectible. Maybe the docs there are just being over cautious. I hate how unorganizaed this entire H1N1 fiasco feels.
Blah for Synagis too. I dread those appts. So, so sad. Please know I will be feeling just as guilty down here.
Stay strong!
Mindi
Post a Comment