Saturday, March 13, 2010

Guess who's two!

Our Maddie Mooms is 2 today! She's really figured out this "birthday thing" and we're all in much anticipation to see her in action at her party tonight. Our close family will celebrate this wonderful day that two years ago we felt quite the opposite about. Little Miss decided to come 4 1/2 weeks early...we knew about her heart, we rushed over to Seattle, we didn't realize at the time that she was ready for this world, and I labored off and on all day with little progress and to only end up having a crash c-section. We were consumed with worry and fear two years ago today and the thought of someday celebrating a birthday was so far from our thoughts. But...we all know the rest of the story. She was ready when we weren't. She continues to teach us each and every day. She's simply amazing. Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Girl! We love you so very much and we're celebrating YOU today!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a blessing for your family. Happy Birthday Maddie.

Michelle Ward

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 years, Maddie! You look absolutely adorable in your b-day girl shirt. Can't wait to hear about your party! Love, Sheila and Family

KELLY said...

Oh, my!!! Two? Already? What a blessing she is to all who know and love her and pray for her! Happy, Happy Birthday sweet girl!

The Hands said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie! You've grown up so much from your pictures since that first time I saw you. I just remember how tiny you were next to Natalie...and Natalie wasn't very big. I hope that you have a fun birthday party and eat lots of cake, get good presents and torment your parents as two-year-olds do! ;-)

Angie

The Simmons Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Maddie!!! I hope your 2nd Birthday is the BEST DAY EVER!!! You have SO much to celebrate!!

Marnie Bergeson said...

Somehow I think her "terrible twos" won't be so terrible, don't you think??? Happy Birthday to your gorgeous little girl.

Faith M. said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! What an amazing 2 years you have had. I know your mommy, daddy, and brothers are soooo proud of you! I'm glad I get to watch you grow up from a distance.

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie! Hope you all had a great time celebrating!

Love, Justin and Jocelyn Allred and kids

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Talia said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Maddie!

The Smith's said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! You have so many people rooting for you, praying for you, and loving to watch you grow up. We hope you have too much cake and frosting for your birthday!

Love,
Jesse, Roger & Luke (your heart buddy)

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Maddie! May being 2 be fantastic! Thank you for teaching us so much.
God bless,
The Aunes

Sabrina said...

Hello! I just discovered your blog...not sure why it took me 2 years.
Our girls are the same age-exactly-mine turned 2 on March 11th.
My Luna has a single ventricle defect as well: double inlet/outlet right ventricle, transposition of the greater arterties, dextrocardia...she too is a little miracle.
so happy to discover your Maddy...and she is so adorable!!
Happy Birthday Maddy!
Sabrina, Sienna & Luna

Melanie Allred said...

What a contrast from her birth to today! I am just so touch to see her turn two. What a blessing and a joy for your family. It is truly a time to celebrate.

Love Melanie

Kali said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Sweet Miss Maddie! What a special day... You little girl has brought fears and joys to the hearts of many, but continues to soar one step above... and w/ flying colors. ENJOY this day and blessing for many, many more to come. We're so very happy for all of you. Can't wait to see bday pictures.
Our Love,
Clint & Kelsey Endicott Family

Becky Noftle said...

Soooo happy to say happy 2nd birthday to a real sweetHEART!!

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday Miss Maddie!! We have adored watching you become such a sweet, beautiful and strong little girl this past year. Love, Jen & Gracie

The Mason Family said...

HAPPY, HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY SWEET MADDIE!!! I meant to sit down on Saturday to send her a birthday wish, and you know how it is, get busy and then sidetracked...so sorry :( I was thinking about you guys though! Happy Birthday Maddie! I hope your day was just as special as you are! LOVE YOU!

Shannon, Carlie and family

Mimi said...

She's 2!?!

No way!! We need to get together before suddenly she is 3!! What a sweetie pie...I can't believe she is two already- CRAZY!

I didn't know she came 4 1/2 weeks early..what a surprise! She just melt my heart- can't wait to see you guys again!!c

michele said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! What a cutie!!!Have fun being TWO Maddie!!

Unknown said...

Congrats Baby Girl! Yippee you are two and how cute are you. We are glad that we got to be part of your special bithday. You are such a wonderful little girl and you mean so much to us. Kylie loves her girl cousin. We always love our time with Maddie.
Happy Birthday Maddie!