is really missing his big brother this week. Spring break has new meaning for Caden...it meant having someone to play with. Miss Maddie just doesn't cut it for him.



He tried passing this off on Maddie and her cousin Kylie but his beautiful signature kind of gave it away. After sending him to his room and cooling off, we came up with a plan. He has now scrubbed most of the black marker off and it took 3 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to accomplish it. There is still some black specks in the deep texture spots so I will just add painting this room to the list of things to do before moving. Sigh.
Jace and Cade really hit it hard last week during spring break. They played up a storm: playing school (Cade is the teacher, 1st grade, Mr. Jake is what he's titled), making projects, building with Lego's, creating obstacle courses, Nerf gun fights, pillow fights, adventures, football...you name it, they probably played it. It went by too fast for them. And for me.
I loved watching them get along and playing so well together and they reminded me of years ago when my brothers and I did these types of playing marathons. Yes, I must admit they do their share of fighting...typical for brothers that are 4 and 6. Egos get in the way. Anyway, I loved having all 3 kids home, under my roof, under my feet, tootling along and doing their thing while I did mine. I got lots of laughs throughout the days as they chatted and played pretend. Last week was a nice change from the prior week... without someone to play with and with just enough "naughty-ness", our little man Cade accomplished this in a matter of minutes with a dry-erase marker. The "designs" reminded me of one of Maddie's EKG readings and I couldn't help but think that he was singing Pee-Wee Herman's "Connect the dots, lalalalala" song while he drew his masterpiece all over our living room walls:
He tried passing this off on Maddie and her cousin Kylie but his beautiful signature kind of gave it away. After sending him to his room and cooling off, we came up with a plan. He has now scrubbed most of the black marker off and it took 3 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to accomplish it. There is still some black specks in the deep texture spots so I will just add painting this room to the list of things to do before moving. Sigh.
7 comments:
I love writing on the walls when they include autographs from the artist!
That's too sweet! We miss Kamryn when she's at school too. It's almost Summer!! I love the artwork on the walls, but the signature takes the cake!
Oh dear!!! I guess these are the crazy things I have to look forward to with a boy. So glad to hear it has almost all come off.
I love that he signed his work! Priceless. It reminds me of Hailey when she was little, I cleaned up a lot of marker and finger paint :) I have to say, I am missing the kids this week. We are clearly ready for summer vacation!
I'm seriously speechless. I think I would have died with all that marker on the wall. Ah...the creativeness of a child! :) I, too, have a not-so-smart tagger..Faith used to always leave her "tag" (name) after her wall/furniture creations! Memories.
Oops! He just needed a really big canvas to express his feelings! We had a great break as well and I much prefer my boys at home with me! Colin is counting the days until he is done with Kinder. He tells me he is bored! We had bike and motorcycle jumping at our house this last week so Kinder doesn't compare to that. Great post Katie! You will want to show him this when he is older.
Oh Katie -- the marker on the wall!! Oh my!
Spring Break was so good, huh? I miss Merit now and Willem and Hazel do too. My boys played so much during spring break as well, but fought a lot too.
Love the pic of them looking out the window. :)
Post a Comment