Wednesday, April 28, 2010

visiting friends & bump up on cath

Because Lil' Miss is looking this purply-blue all of the time now, and her sats are a stinkin' 68-70, her heart catheterization is being bumped up. It is just 2 weeks away now instead of waiting another month. I am sooo glad...she really is needing the help. Her days consist of 2-3 naps now, laying on the floor to rest more than playing and constant chilly hands and feet. Even on warm days. It's not fun watching her go down this road and I'll look forward to seeing more of a pink girl after this cath. Her heart just needs the help. The only perk of her being like this is she loves to be in my lap. She climbs up, catches her breath & rests, then off to play until she quickly tires out again and lays on the floor or climbs back into my lap. I love all of the cuddle time we're getting but it's also a reminder that she's not a "typical, on-the-go" 2 year old.

In other news, the kids and I drove down to Tri-Cities yesterday for house errands. Yes, we're getting closer...hopefully we'll be moving into our new home the end of May/first part of June. We'll see though :) We can't go down to the Tri-Cities without stopping and seeing our good friends, the Maxwells. It was so fun seeing them and meeting their latest addition, Bode. He's a cutie. Maddie and Teagan were very cute together but getting a good picture of the two of them was tough. They were too busy for a photo op and Susie and I were too busy chatting to get a good picture.

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Awww.. She is one adorable little blueberry.. :) Thank god they know what they need to do to fix it. We'll be praying for little Maddie.

Tiffany Lockette said...

She is the cutest little blue/purple girl I've ever seen. Praying that the Cath helps her feel better soon. Hang in there.

Brenda said...

We'll be thinking of you all. Keep us posted!

The Simmons Family said...

Oh my .. she looks about as purple as Owen!! Not good. I hope the cath does her good and she'll get her energy back!!

The Smith's said...

I am so glad to hear her cath got bumped up ... it's no fun at all to wait for those appointments/procedures, especially when you know it will help Miss Maddie and her heart. I would love to drive up to seattle when you guys are there, if you are up for a visit. Give me a call when the date gets closer!

The Hitchcock Family said...

Katie, I am so sorry! I hate that you are having to watch your precious girl go down this road. I am glad that they did get her cath moved up though! She will have more energy very soon. I know you will miss the cuddle time, but I'm sure you will be happy to see her on the go again!

The Clinkscales Family said...

So glad to hear that you were able to get the cath bumped up. I know that will help you sleep at night. It's so hard to see the changes in our babies. I'll certainly say a prayer for her. Hoping you can get some answers from the cath.

Jason Stewart Family said...

It will be nice for her not to be so tired and she can enjoy her summer.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

poor baby...thinking of you. That has to be hard for you to watch. Keep your spirits up!

Stefenie said...

I'm so glad they decided to move up her cath date. I was super worried for you guys to wait that long.

Saying many prayers for a smooth trip to the cath lab and for you to get your adorable pink girl back!

Becky Noftle said...

Katie, we will all be praying for Maddie and her family, you guys are so loved. She looks adorable in any color, but pink is best!

Elaine said...

It's such a bitter-sweet thing isn't it! How satisfying it is to be living in a time when medical science can help us with some of these life threatening issues we face. Even more satisfying to know that God is watching over us and helping us through it all. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

michele said...

That cuddle time has to be precious, but yes you know it is usually hard to slow a two year old down. I am glad you will get in in two weeks. And your house... I bet it will be beautiful! Most of summer spent at your new home, sounds wonderful!

The Hands said...

Will be praying for you all. Glad you got things moved up. Let me know how things go. Give me a call while you're waiting if you get ancy.

Lindsay Dean said...

Such a sweet little blueberry muffin.....but that must be fixed!!! I took a deep sigh of relief when I saw this post and that they were moving this up for her. I actually gasped in a few posts aga when they said they were moving her to later! Again, so glad for you all that it is sooner now. Praying for Miss Maddie and for an easy fix. Hugs and Love!
Suzie

Mimi said...

Oh...I am glad that her cath is moved up- no blue fingers please :-) I would love to come see you guys!!

I got a little baby package in the mail... thank you so so much! You are the sweetest! I love it! Mia... has been using the bib :-)

I am so happy you guys got to spend some time together! I am excited to see you both again!

Let me know your plans and I will try and sneak away to come say hi.