So Nany, Maddie, the boys and I loaded up the Suburban and headed out early so we could hit the Pacific Science Center before her appointment. We had lots of fun in the Butterfly exhibit, bug world and the boys loved the space, dinasour exhibits and Pudget Sound hands-on aquarium. Maddie loved the tots playground and wore herself out..
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Trips to Seattle
We've had a few trips to Seattle lately and I never tire of it...it's become a home away from home for us I guess. The end of June, we took the kids to a Mariner's Game and Pikes Place Market. The Mariner's won and Ichiro had 2 home runs. I love Mariner's games and the atmosphere is just relaxing. The Children's Hospital playground was a nice diversion for the kids when they were sick of sitting at our seats...it brought tears to my eyes watching Maddie play on the Seattle Children's Hospital Playground donated by the hospital that's saved her life. When I see the Children's logo now, I am touched. Before Maddie, I don't even think I noticed it. 



Maddie had her annual Nephrology appointment on Tuesday in Seattle. Her appointment went well, we'll see Dr. Hingorani in a year. Her ultrasound still shows dilation of her kidneys and mild reflux but she can stay off of her Bacterim. No UTI's yet...so that's a great thing! Her left kidney is still smaller than her right, it's still small for her age. But it must be working. She'll have a repeat ultrasound next summer to see how they've progressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I still find it very strange that Mags has/had the urinary reflux as well. Her annual VCUG/ultrasound in June showed that she has outgrown it, thankfully. Also, one of her kidneys is smaller than the other as well. It is growing proportionaly, it's just smaller. We got rid of the bactrim as well and go back in a year for the u.s.
Great pictures Katie!! I so enjoy Seattle too! I hope you guys have a wonderful rest of your summer! Two boys and a girl is a blast, isn't it!? :) Sending love...
Post a Comment