Last Saturday was the "Run for Children's" Covey Run over in Woodinville...Team Maddie Moomer's ended up with a team of 32 runners!!! The run raised money for Seattle Children's Hospital. It was so much fun and I think we were the biggest team there! Here's our 5K run/walk team (minus a couple of people). Thanks to everyone who came and participated with us. You guys are just awesome. The boys stayed with Grandma and Pa Allred and had a fabulous little overnight vacation with them.
Miss Moom's slept through most of the race. I jogged and pushed her...a great 37 minute workout!
We had some "over-achievers" (aka our pro's) on the team as well who ran the 10K race. That's over 6 miles! They had already started by the time we took that first big group picture. Way to go and thanks for running your hearts out!
Teagan's family had a team there as well but we didn't get a group picture together...just the sweet little half-heart sisters posed for one :)
Maddie enjoyed stealing everyone's popsicles after the race.
Here's Bryan, Maddie & I after our run. It was a gorgeous day and we were able to catch up with a few other heart families who attended the event as well. Always a bonus to meet other families going through similar situations.
We also were able to meet the ambassadors for the run...Team Noah. Noah is 1 1/2 and was born with cystic hygroma, or lymphatic malformation, on his neck. They live in Wenatchee (east siders like us) and he's been in and out of Children's all of his life. His mama was so sweet to chat with, just a really great family! He'd about had it with pictures I think, lots of paparazzi following him around this day :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who supported our team! We are leading the "Top Individual Fundraisers" right now with $3550.00 donated, the fundraising ends on Friday. If you didn't get around to it and would like to still support our efforts of raising money for Children's Heart Research...you can click here. Thanks again for your support to our family and for Children's Hospital! We love you and feel so blessed!

5 comments:
Yay Maddie Moomers!
So glad we got to connect with you and your family. I knew you were a sister in Christ from the moment I met you! What a crazy life this is with special kiddos... constantly forced to our knees before the Father. What a beautiful, crazy, mess.
We will be praying for Maddie (sorry I spelled it wrong on our blog, I will fix!) and your family!
xoxoAndie
Looks like y'all had fun. I can't get over how big Maddie looks in the pictures. She looks so grown up in her adorable Puma's. Love it!
What a great success! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Maddie is PRECIOUS!
I'm Shannon, heart mom to Derrick (single ventricle, TGA, Dextrocardia, PA, mitral atresia). I'm looking forward to keeping up with Maddie and getting to know your family!
WOW!! Go Team!! That's fantastic. It was a gorgeous day for it and I'm glad you had such an awesome turn out and had such success with the fundraising.
I look forwarding to joining you next year!! :o)
Hi! I found your blog through Andie's, but it looks like I should have found it through Funky Heart. I live in Wenatchee and my son Braden was born in Nov. '08 with VSD and Transposition of the Great Arteries. Your story touched my heart, different than ours, but so achingly familiar. May God bless and keep your family each day. We also are grateful for every day the Lord gives us. Braden is doing well but will likely have pacemaker surgery in the future, surgery-induced heart block being a result of his life-saving surgery. Thanks for the work you are doing for heart kids! Take care, Jenni
Post a Comment