Friday, August 20, 2010

somebody's seven...

Our toothless, happy, lego-loving, cheerful boy turned seven yesterday! Of course, he wanted a Lego party and we enjoyed two fun celebrations, all in one day. My version of the lego cake was a cake wreck. Oh well, the kid's didn't care and I learned that following the directions is probably a pretty good idea....no more short cuts for me! Yes, they're supposed to look like legos :)
The boys after making their "lego masterpieces"...what a creative, fun and giggly group! "Boys, boys, boys" is all I need to say. They enjoyed the games but had a better time just getting to play with one another...soon these guys will be heading to 1st grade. It's hard to believe!Last night, we had over the family for pizza and more cake. Having the space for our family birthday bash was SO NICE! I usually stress out during my kid's birthdays since we used to be all squeezed in together at our old house but having room to breathe and space for all of the cousins to play downstairs was just delightful :) The adults could actually visit!
Lego goody bags filled with a small bag of legos, candy, crayons and a lego coloring book. I love putting treat bags together.

Happy 7th Birthday Jacers! Thank you for being such a joy to raise. Your smile and silly little jokes and antics never get old. You sure have a gift of making those around you happy. We love you so much and are so proud of you!

3 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I love the lego cakes!! Happy Birthday Jace! Seven is a pretty fun year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to your awesome bday party, Jace! I loved playing with you and seeing your new house-SOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOL!!!Dayne

Miller Family said...

Thanks Katie for a fun, wonderful, cool birthday party. Colin had a great time and loved seeing Jace's new mansion. That's what he calls the Allred houses...mansions! Hee Hee