Sunday, September 26, 2010
Lots of firsts
I'm a little late on posting our first day of school pictures. Here's Jace on his first day of 1st grade. He has Mrs. Albertson this year and is enjoying it. He's also playing soccer right now and has mom for his coach :) A first for me...
We started preschool a week after school began. I'm teaching 12 three, four and five year olds in our basement, two mornings a week. I've worked at preschools before but this is my first year teaching preschool on my own. "Apple Country Preschool" (our name) has had the help of wonderful preschool mom's each time, so that's been awesome. It's really been fun and I think I lucked out with my class :) They're lots of fun and a very bright group. Caden enjoys it but it did take a couple of sessions before he realized that I meant business. Let's just say he "broke in" our STOP chair the first couple of days at preschool. It's rough when your mom's the teacher and you have to share her attention!
This is Cade's 3rd year of preschool so he really is a pro. He was ready for Kindergarten but his birthday fell too late for him to go this fall. I am loving having him in our group, he's a great help and it's rewarding watching him work.

So two mornings a week, this guy and I enjoy a few hours together. Miss Maddie goes to either my mom's house or Bryan's mom's during preschool. She's also had a fun time at Courtney's one morning, playing with Aftyn. It's been great for us all and I've got lots of fun planned this preschool year! I'm loving getting my "teaching fix" again! It's been 7 years since I've had a classroom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katie, your preschool kids and your kids are blessed to have you..You are so STRONG...(I know there are times) but GOD IS WITH YOU and You are soo Blessed.
You are such a fabulous person. These kids are so fortunate to have you for a teacher! I LOVE your classroom!! I am having so much fun trying to look at everything on your pictures!!
Post a Comment