Friday, September 17, 2010

summer fun

Summer feels officially over. The kid's are still asking when we can go swimming and Maddie sneaks into her dresser and grabs her "sweesuits" to have me put on her daily. Too bad fall crept it's way in so quickly, we could still use some summer. These three spent much of their days in suits, playing outside, riding bikes, splashing in pools and just enjoyed breaking in our new home.We only made it to the water park once this summer but the kid's really loved it and we'll need to fit that into our summer time schedule many more days next summer!


Cade & Jace have become pretty good fishermen, thanks to their Uncle Ryan. He's a great sport and asked them to go fishing with him on the ranch a few times this summer. Bryan also took them out on a boat with cousins Nick, Gunnar and Campbelle. Now that was some fishing!
The pond at Uncle Jerry & Aunt Chriss' is one of the highlights of our summer. A great time to visit with friends and let the kid's enjoy rope swinging, paddle boating and just playing in the sand. I had to post this picture of Maddie since she loves to suck her thumb and pick her nose. It's gross and cute at the same time. We're trying to quit the picking part, not quite ready to wean her from her thumb yet...she's going to need it for her Fontan recovery!!!
Cannonball!
Little miss happy...she truly is a cheerful little girl, most of the time. And she's talking so much more! Chatty Maddie :)
Ted and Jean's little pools are another highlight...wading pools that are warm, fun and close by.
We loved having the Maxwell's come visit us one day this summer, we don't get together as much as we'd like. Life is busy for our little families. Here's our three with Trent & Susie's three: Gavin, Bode and Teagan.
These half-heart sisters have a special connection. They are so cute together and seem to know and love one another in a way that most 2 year olds don't have the capacity of doing. Maddie's a lucky girl to have Teagie as one of her best buds and I look forward to watching these two grow up. Their hearts sure aren't slowing them down!
And we did make it to the Grant County Fair (on the hottest day) but I only took 1 picture- Jace holding this cute little bunny. He looks a little possessed, but was pretty excited to be holding a real rabbit! Kylie Rose, Aunt Jessica and Nany came along with us too and luckily the rides weren't open. I hate fair rides. The boys weren't too happy about it...oh well, there's always next year to look forward to!

Good bye summer!

2 comments:

michele said...

oh! I love Autumn but summer went by too fast!! Great pictures Katie!! LOTS of summer fun!

The Hitchcock Family said...

I know I have told you this before Katie, but your kids are absolutely adorable!!! It looks like they had a great summer. I just love their smiles! I also love seeing Maddie and Teagan playing together. They definitely have a bond that no one else can understand. I hope that is how Colby and Cain are as they grow up!