Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Update: Day 9 HOME!

WE ARE HOME!!! Discharged today around 3 pm and home by 7 pm! You guessed it, she did (some of) the deed and her echo, x-ray and EKG all checked out fine! It's so great to be here, all 5 of us together again in our home. I will update more tomorrow, too tired to post much tonight. We're home after only 9 days in the hospital. Seattle Children's is a wonderful place but now the real healing can begin.
We are so blessed and very grateful to God.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome awesome cant wait to read the details. Yahoo for Maddie. I bet she loved seeing her home.
Randee

Krista said...

Yeah!!! Can't believe it!!! Praying Maddie's tummy issues have been resolved & she is feeling better! I'm sure being home will help with the recovery process! Still praying for your sweet girl! Wow, so happy you are home, wasnt expecting that when I checked in! She is amazing!!!

Miller Family said...

PTL! What an answer to prayer! Actually, so many answers to so many prayers. So happy you guys are home. I bet the boys were beyond excited to see you HOME! Wishing you all a wonderful night sleep and continued recovery for sweet Maddie!

Courtney said...

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Becky Noftle said...

Theres no place like home

Anonymous said...

Way to go Maddie! Still sending prayers for a speedy and healthy recovery. Holly

Amy Bennett said...

WOW - I LOVE this update!!! She gives such hope to those of us following in her footsteps! Congratulations Maddie!!!


xoxo,
Amy & Bodie

Kacy said...

Thanks be to God! What an amazing little girl! We love you Maddie! So glad you all are home together!

Louise said...

Welcome home, that is so awesome! Praying for a great Thursday for you. Catch up on some sleep whenever you get the chance Katie.

Natasha said...

What an awesome answer to prayer. So happy that you all our home!

Allison said...

Wonderful!! Congratulations and I hope that she bounces back quickly at home!

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot.....hip hip hurray! So glad to hear the HOME news and looking forward to the next update as I'm sure recovery will speedy up tremendously in the comfort of HOME. Have a good day!
Kelsey and family

kirsten said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!! That is such wonderful news. I'm glad you all are home and that things went relatively smoothly. You're right -- Seattle Children's is a good place, but HOME is so much better!!

~Roberts~ said...

That is WONDERFUL!!!! So happy that you have your whole family under 1 roof and now precious Maddie can finally beginning her healing. No better way than to be surrounded by all of you. Prayer is such a strong thing and Maddie is proof!! We will continue to pray for you all.

the Kohrs said...

So Happy for your family! We will continue to keep you in our prayers. What a strong little lady to be doing so well, so soon after! Praying she continues to heal at home just as quickly!

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Hooray, Hooray!! You made it, the Fontan is behind you! I know you both must be so exhausted. Thankfully you are home now and can get some rest.

Anonymous said...

The best news EVER!
I'll be out around 6:30 with dinner. I promise I won't hang around; just long enough for a hug.
Maddie may be home, but the prayers will continue.
Love,
barb

Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING. We are so happy for Maddie and you guys to all be together. I was going to come visit you guys this weekend in the hospital, but I guess now I won't! What great news...
Jessy Balma, mom to Grace (HLHS)

Marnie Bergeson said...

I bet your home is more welcoming to you than it's ever been! We're wishing you all the best, Maddie. Such a hard recovery for a little girl. You are an inspiration to us all. Hang in there Katie. Don't forget you are a hero too.