Monday, June 13, 2011

a good day

Today was a day of visitors which really helped pass the time. We had Aunt Jessica and Kylie drive over to visit us this morning!! This made our day. The little girls hadn't seen each other since Easter and I wish we could have gotten their first (of many) embraces on video. So dang cute! Also, thanks to our heart friends: the Heaths (Gracie), Kirsten (Angel Ewan's mama) and the Balma's (Grace's family) for stopping by as well. I so enjoyed visiting with them all. Maddie wasn't in her best mood though this afternoon and needed to sleep off her Versed "hangover" I guess.

Her chest tube was pulled around 2pm after getting the anti-anxiety med (Versed) and being NPO (couldn't eat or drink). She's had 2 chest x-rays today and will have one tomorrow morning to determine whether or not we get to go back home! Her chest tube output today was only 7cc so we're hoping these effusions have given up once and for all. Her x-rays look so much better each day and back to her normal.

This hospital stay has been much different & much easier than the last one just a couple of weeks ago. She has felt so much better; especially since getting her tube out today, dancing around and singing "Jesus Loves Me" as I type this. We are so lucky to have many awesome friends/staff who work here and come by to check on Miss Maddie often- Ray, Nurse Barb and her very caring doctors; Dr. Chun & Dr. McMullan. It's been a good day but we're missing home and the boys in our life.

6 comments:

Miller Family said...

Such good news. Glad you were able to have visitors today to make the time go by quicker and I am sure it really lifted Maddie's spirit's to see Kylie. How cute! Hope you are able to come home tomorrow! HUGS!!

carly said...

I am missing seeing you! I think I'm missing the twice a week preschool drop-off/pick-up where I could at least say a quick "hi!" I hope you get to come home tomorrow and get back to healthy/normal life again. Glad this go round has been easier on Maddie.
love you guys

michele said...

I am glad you had some fun visitors! Sending you love Katie!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us come and visit today. Kylie really enjoyed it. She is still talking about Maddie and her doctor. We are praying for discharge, good luck. She was so sweet and feeling so good. We love you guys!

Kacy said...

We continue to pray for sweet Maddie! Hope today was another good day and a day closer to being back home! Love you all,
Kerri and Mary Clare

Anonymous said...

Katie, I was talking with my grandma this weekend. I found out that my aunt has moved from NICU head nurse to somewhere in the heart unit @ Childerns. Her name is Shauna Carette, she is a wounderful nurse, hope you get to meet her. So glad Maddie is doing better, Keep it up Miss Maddie so you can go play in the sun. Thinking of you everyday, Heidi (Fouts) Hallauer