Tuesday, August 23, 2011

it's great to be 8!

Somebody turned 8 last week...opening his Nintendo DS...I'm not a fan of video games but gave into this one...
we celebrated a day early with a "backyard camp-out theme" with just family
roasting--scorching marshmallows. These boys loved catching them on fire. Jace wanted to have a "boy-cousins only" sleepover that night so cousins Braydon and Wyatt spent the night here, camping indoors with sleeping bags. They decided that would be more fun...hey, whatever works!
quite proud of themselves after building his new Indiana Jones lego set while watching Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade, of course
On his 'real' birthday, we drove over to the west side for the Covey Run. We ate at Red Robin with friends & family and he LOVED having them sing to him! No embarrassment here...someone likes to be the center of attention.
Earlier in the week, we hit the Grant County Fair. It was the centennial celebration. The kids loved the pigs and got to see some of their Stewart cousin's 4-H animals.
while Maddie snoozed in the shade on Nany's lap, I took the boys to the carnival. Not my favorite part of the fair but they loved it, even in the heat. I love that these two are good buds.

1 comment:

~Roberts~ said...

I love reading your blog and seeing just how close our kids really are. Winston too got a DS for his 8th birthday which I wasn't a fan of, but dad said that it was time to seperate him from the little boys and give him something that said he is a big boy. Not sure how I feel about having an eight year old. You have a beautiful family!!!