BOY!!!
I started having contractions Thursday evening and by 11 that night, they weren't just "Braxton Hicks" like I had been convincing myself. So since I couldn't sleep, I decided to do dishes, a load of laundry, pick up the living room, finished packing my hospital bag and then finally called the hospital. Since I was a scheduled c-section for 11-1-11 (no VBAC at our hospital) they said to come on in. By this time, they were about 7-10 minutes apart. After arriving at the hospital, my doc was called and the c-section was scheduled for 7:30 Friday morning. I was monitored through the night, given IV fluids and luckily never went into active labor so I could withstand the contractions coming 5-10 minutes through the night...was just uncomfortable and unable to rest. I've always needed the help of Pitocin to get my contractions really rolling with my other babies, so I figured they'd just stay the same and they did.
The c-section went great, I was awake for it this time (Maddie's was a crash c-section and I had been intubated & out for it) and we did really well. I was a little nervous and shaky but tried to enjoy the birth of this baby and not let what happened last time overtake me. When Sherry pulled him out, we were a little surprised...I hadn't gotten very big with this pregnancy so we'd convinced ourselves it was a girl, as did most of our family but we're THRILLED he's a boy! God knows what we needed and it was another baby boy. How I love my boys. He had great APGAR scores and his cry was so beautiful and strong...I'll never forget it.
Sam did have a little issue with keeping his respiratory rate regulated throughout the morning so the nurses monitored him in the nursery but allowed me to come in there on the stretcher to be with him. His sats were 100% and he looked wonderful with no heart murmur, so it was determined it was more of an "early baby thing" and by lunch time, he had figured it out and we were able to come back to our room as a family. Mom brought in the kids and watching them meet their new baby was so special... How lucky little Sam is to have siblings who adore him. There is never a moment this baby isn't being held around here between those 3, Bryan and I. We are relishing every minute of it and I'm afraid he's going to be pretty spoiled!
Sam & I were discharged Saturday afternoon, we like to do things quickly. It's been so nice being home, he's nursing well, his milk supply came in last night and he's waking every 3 hours on the dot to eat. The first night, I set an alarm and Bryan asked me why...I mentioned that I'd need to wake him up and he laughed. My brain is still in "heart baby mode" at times...He was right, Sam let's me know when he's hungry and so far, he hasn't missed a meal. He's already back to his birthweight today but he's a little jaundiced so we are checking his bili levels. Hopefully tomorrow we'll start to see the number go down, it was at 10.7 today and up from 5.3 on Sat. We're all very much in love with this little guy and the word blessed doesn't even begin to describe how we feel right now with our newest addition. These past few days have been incredibly healing and my heart is so full of joy.
24 comments:
He is soooo beautiful! Congratulations again!
Awwww! Congrats Katie. He's beautiful. So great to hear his heart is great and sats are perfect.
What precious pictures! I love them! God must think Brian is going to need lots of help on the farm. ;-) Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Katie I had no clue you were expecting again!! So happy for you! I have 2 months left -- congrats!!
Precious, precious gift!!! So happy for your beautiful family! Love and joy, friend!
I can barely look at these pictures without wanting another baby and we have just decided we are done for awhile. So sweet. And I understand setting the alarm to feed Sam. I had a hard time relaxing with Callie and getting out of "heart baby" mode myself. You have a beautiful family and I know y'all are very proud. As if that sweet Maddie wasn't already spoiled enough (I'm sure) she will be so spoiled having 3 brothers watching after her and taking care of her. I love it!!
So, so happy for you guys!! He is just precious!
So cute Katie. Makes me anticipate my own coming soon :)
Welcome Baby Sam !!
Nany and Ba are very glad and happy that you are here...........so precious and adorable....can't wait to spoil you!!! Your birth was very healing to all of us....and I feel very privledged to watch Mama and Daddy experience the normalcy...it did my "heart" good to see it and I know how much it means to your parents.......Love and Kisses, Nany
Congrats!!!! So glad all went so well. What a perfect family you have. You are very blessed.
I am crying. What a healthy, sweet blessing!!! Katie, you look beautiful on these pictures! Enjoy that sweet boy. Oh, I know you will! Your family is so, so beautiful.
I also have tears streaming down my face. Your little Sam is just precious, I love that picture of him with his eyes wide open. So excited for all of you, what a blessing he will be to your family. Praying for a smooth adjustment and quick recovery for you!
Oh mama... soak it in!! Isn't it best?? Holding a perfect little baby boy with a perfect heart? It is so so healing. It is a big pay day for the past 4 years!! I am just so happy for you guys I am going to cry. He is precious! I love him! Baby boys... especially ones named Sam... are especially healing!! Can't wait to meet him someday! BIG HUGS! I am just so happy!!!!
Congratulations! He's adorable. :)
Congrats Katie and Bryan! So happy for you! I hope everyone settles in quickly and just enjoy him! Sounds like you are! Congrats again, he is gorgeous!!
Love the good news and welcome baby Sam! The pics are great as well...Miss Maddie looks to be a great big sister already. Enjoy your time, feel the peace and love in your hearts and live the miracles we witness each day. Love ya Katie.
Kelsey and Family
Oh Katie, so, so sweet! He is just perfect! I'm so excited to meet him soon! The kids holding him is priceless, they all look SO proud! :) We're so blessed to get to share so many experiences these last few years with you guys and this is another great one! We love you guys!!
So happy for your sweet family! LOVE the pictures of the kids with Sam. So sweet!! Jace was pretty happy to tell his class on Friday. Very happy everything went well and you are settling in. Emerson told me today that there will be no pre-school until after Thanksgiving and she is counting. She loves coming to your house to learn. We did a little bit of Auntie reading lesson time to tide her over. Take care and let us know if there is anything we can do!!
Awesome news Katie. Maddie looks so proud so neat to see!! I hope someday i can make it your way to see u and ur precious children. So happy for u and for Sam's health. Hugs
Love ya
Randee
I had to peek in and see pictures. I heard you had him so I couldn't resist :) I am so happy for your cute family. Glad things are going so well. Sam is darling!
-Jande
He is gorgeous! He has such big, beautiful eyes. It's fun to read the story of how everything happened. I am glad it all went well and it's great seeing how your family adores him. Congratulations!!
Wow congratulations!! so happy for you. He is very beautiful and He shares my birthday. I hope you guys are all doing well.
Tracy Fuhriman
Glad he made it here safe and that you are both doing great. He is perfect!
Oh, I'm thrilled to see sweet Sam and see how happy and healthy you all are! Congratulations, sweet friend! Love you all, Kerri
Post a Comment