Monday, February 10, 2014

kindred hearts

One of the perks of being a heart family is having other heart families in our lives. Here's a few pics of some fun adventures with our heart buddies last year... as life gets busier for us, we don't get together as much as we'd like but enjoy keeping in touch still. Watching these first two heart friends grow has been a huge blessing in our lives. 
Visiting Natalie and Angie at the Ronald McDonald House in Seattle after Natalie's Fontan last spring. We enjoyed some time at the Pacific Science Center together, now whenever I see a monarch butterfly, I think of you girls!! And whenever it snows and I want to complain about it, I think of you as well...my Alaska friends!
Maddie & Teagie being goof-balls this August. After a day of school shopping, we met Susie, her mom and the kids at Fro-Yo. These two girls are quite the pair and time always flies when we're with the Maxwells.
This fall, Susie (Teagan's mom) and Kelsey (Mason's mom) joined myself, my mom, my aunt and cousins, and a bunch of Royal friends at the Women of Faith Conference in Tacoma. It was a time of laughter and tears for sure...attending this type of event with women going through/feeling the same emotions and having the same thoughts on raising a child like you is theraputic and bonding, for sure. I also love that our three kiddos all see Dr. C as their cardiologist at Children's too!

1 comment:

The Hands said...

What a privilege it is to be named by you! God has been SO GOOD to bring you all into our lives. It may be one of those bitter-sweet friendships, but right now it all seems sweet. Thanks for all of your encouragement dear friend. Because of you, we look forward to traveling the thousands of miles to Seattle.