Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Smile!

"Little Miss Serious" and I were having a conversation this morning and while she was staring right at me and I was yacking away, she SMILED! Finally! We've been practicing and I just knew she was going to do it any day now! Talk about melt my heart! Catching it on camera is going to be tricky...this is as good as it's gonna get for now. Jace and Cade were great "distractors" to my tactics of getting her to smile...

Tomorrow we go over to Children's at the Bellevue Clinic for her Cardiology appointment. Looking forward to seeing how her little heart is working on the echo and seeing what she weighs, bets anyone??? She weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. three weeks ago... I'm also hoping Maddie and her "enemy" (the carseat) can become friends tomorrow on our 2 hour drive to the west side and there will be no tears!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie~ What a sweetheart! I love her big blue eyes, and you can see the end of that sweet smile. I know what you mean about tricky catching it on the camera. Marc's mom is here right now and she was holding Madyn this morning and had her phone ready in hopes to catch a smile and she was lucky and got a couple cute ones. It's funny cause Maddie looks like she's good size in your pictures but I saw Lesa yesterday and she said Madyn is about Maddie's size. So I'm going to guess her to be 7 lbs 15 oz. I pray your appt. went well and Maddie's heart is functioning beautifully and you had a peaceful drive.
Love, Krista

Anonymous said...

My oh my, her eyes are lovely!!!! That little hint of a smile is too cute!!!!I hope she AMAZES her doctors today and at how awesome she's doing!!! I'm sure she will be their poster child for heart babies!!!! Could there be a cuter one?? I think not! Take care! Love, Sheila

Becky Noftle said...

Good luck at the doctors tomorrow. As far as the carseat goes I have decided that the same buzzer that shocks my children when I accidently sit down for a second is the same buzzer in the car seats. They are practically being electricuted poor things.

Brenda said...

Ooo, good luck tomorrow! I'm betting she'll be pushing the 8 pound mark. She is too sweet for words.

Anonymous said...

I was just looking back at some of the pictures, post-surgical and it looks like Maddie was "Mutton Bustin" in the one.
Angie

Katie said...

Angie...you're right! That's helarious, I never noticed that before! Great line-prop/sheep ride Maddie had! For those of you who don't know what mutton bustin' is, it's an event at rodeos where crazy parents stick their little children (like under age 8) on a wild, whooly sheep in the chutes. When the gates open, the stupid sheep all run out, scared and wild, and usually gather in a big flock, with crying kids on their backs, scared and wild as well. In the meantime, the little kids have clung to the wool for dear life, usually falling off, some dragging takes place (especially with the little guys who "cowboyed up" but couldn't make it) and the last child remaining on the back of the sheep wins (or is it who reaches 8 seconds first??) A pre-req for bullriding in the toddler/child years. It is so rediculous to watch, actually scary...and NO, Maddie will never partake in a real rodeo! For now, she can just mutton bust on her fluffy little stuffed animal! And yes, don't know what my dad was thinking but I did mutton bust ONCE at a wee age, bad experience...can you tell!