Saturday, June 28, 2008

Change of Plans (for now!)

Our instructions this morning were to call Children's and report to the cardiologist of our game plan for coming over there. Miss Maddie "got wind" of having a hospital stay...guess what, her sats are back up to her baseline (77) and she looks and acts fine, since being home from the ER. She did lose her midnight bottle, but vigorously ate her 3 am great and has tapered off again this morning on her feed. But after talking to the doctor this morning, we agree that we can do the monitoring we need here at home vs. being admitted to Children's for now. I'm very on top of it (poor Maddie) and the plan is to go over and be admitted if she starts having/staying at low sats again. So Maddie continues to call the shots around here...she has since her surprise entrance into the world!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Maddie!!!

You just keep calling the shots!! When the time is right for the Seattle Trip, you'll let Mama and Daddy know.

I Love You, Nany

Anonymous said...

Boy Katie you guys have been through a lot these last few day. I'm so glad that things are going well for now. Maddie is amazing. and you are amazing. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
Love, Aunt Janet

Brenda said...

What a rollercoaster! Keep up the good work Maddie and started gaining that weight (if you need weight gaining tips, I'm an expert).

KELLY said...

Good Girl, Maddie! Just like all babies...you're callin' the shots.

Glad you get to spend some more time at home. I'm sure this is because the doctors know she is in such great care with you and Bryan.
Keep up the great work, Katie.

Kelly

The Smith's said...

Wow ... what a rollercoaster couple of days! We visited the ER a couple of times and that is never a fun place to visit AT ALL. I'm sorry you had to spend some time there. I'm so glad to hear that Maddie's sat's have bumped up again and stabilized. We will pray that she won't need any intervention before the Glenn!

Jesse

Anonymous said...

Keep rallying little one. We are praying for you and hoping that you maintain the uphill climb for a while longer. We love you!!

Miller Family said...

Katie and Maddie - Wow, so glad to hear everything is going better. We are praying for you guys and know God is in control of the next step. Hang in there Katie and get some rest whenever possible. I think you have earned the Parent Phd with all the medical stuff you have been learning. Maddie is lucky to have you for her mom! Hugs to all of you! Love, Michelle Dan Ty and Colin

Anonymous said...

Katie~We were gone for the weekend and weren't able to keep up with Maddie's blog. I wish I would have known so I could have been praying specifically for her needs. But I know you had many other prayers sent up, that obviously God answered, along with Maddie's strong will that kept her out of the hospital. I'll be praying that her sats stay elevated and she'll make it to August for her next surgery. Hang in there!
Love, Krista