Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby Mia

Randomly, I found Mia through another heart baby's blog from Utah...she is a fellow cardiac baby from Seattle Children's. She's currently waiting for a heart (4 months now) at the hospital. There are no other options for her survival, she NEEDS this heart and the wait is excruciating. There are 7 waiting for hearts right now at Seattle Children's and that's a huge number. Organ donation is so important and I'd never thought about it much until we had Maddie. It truly is a gift that will save a life.

If you want to give towards a great cause, please go to the Help Baby Mia blinkie and give towards her fund...they are hoping to raise enough money to get her on another transplant list to increase her chances and need almost a half-million dollars to do so. There is also a quilt give-away in her honor that you can check out in the side bar. But most of all, please drop them a comment to let her sweet family know she's in your prayers... imagine if she was yours. Her mama, Mimi, is amazing and is having to endure what none of us ever want to go through...what a test of faith. I know all of our hearts go out to the McDonald family, please support them if you can and keep Mia in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,

As you know, Mia is in my prayers..and I think of MiMi, often. I'm praying for God's pure grace for both of them......

Love, Mama

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Hi Katie,
You don't know me, I'm Mimi's friend, Analisa. I've heard a lot about you through Mimi and have always been touched by your kindness and "maddie blankets." I also saw the video you made about Maddie and the other heart babies and it was very touching! I just wanted to thank you and wish you and your family the best!
Analisa
nali_12@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Love your "new" look.........so autumn...Love, Mom

The Simmons Family said...

The new look is adorable...I love the picture of Maddie on the sidebar! I have been reading baby MIa's blog for a while and I have been PRAYING for them!! At anytime, we could be in that same situation and it scares me. We may use Seattle Children's as our secondary region transplant hospital for Owen. Thankfully, we are not yet to a point where he NEEDS the heart... he is doing okay.

Glad that you are enjoying your fall!