Thursday, June 4, 2009

Home with O's

After monitoring Maddie for 24 hours at Children's, the consensus was she needs O's (she's on 1/2-1 liter of oxygen depending on her sats/coughing episodes/pucking) and just needs to have time to get over this bad virus. She did have a pretty good night last night and after a chest x-ray this morning, it was ruled out that this is affecting her lungs or heart. It's just a respiratory virus and leaves her hypoxic (looking blue, low sats, w/ harder time breathing). So the decision was left up to us: oxygen at home or stay in the hospital until she could come off it......so we're home. I did go back and forth on this but she kept pretty stable with the support of oxygen and is drinking and peeing enough for now. I don't feel so hot myself and I know we can all get well faster here at home without the risk of catching something else while in the hospital! Here's a few pictures of our girlie from this week.


We all looked/felt like this last night...a little tired maybe?!?
Here's the weird rash (and a little food she was saving for later I guess). This is after the hives/mosquito bites had tamed down. Her arm in the above picture is the aftermath of itching it sooo much- looks awful.
Thanks for checking on us and thinking of Miss Maddie. Please say extra prayers for a sweet little heart friend of ours, Lindsay. She's getting her angel heart tonight!

14 comments:

Faith M. said...

Praying for a fast recovery. Poor baby! Those bites/rash look awful. One of the little heart kiddos in our support group had this same virus and she's doing great now! In fact, my mom just took pics of her and her twin sister: www.janeholestingphotography.typepad.com

Heart hugs,
Faith

The Hitchcock Family said...

Oh no Katie!! I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope that Maddie recovers quickly.

The Smith's said...

sweet girl! I bet the worst part for her has been the itching! I'm so glad you guys are home ... i was praying yesterday that no updates meant you were driving!

Love you guys!
Jesse

Anonymous said...

Katie~ So sorry to hear you've all been so sick! Maddie's poor rash looks miserable. Praying that you'll all be on the mend and that Maddie's rash and congestion will all get better soon! She looking so grown up, such a sweetie! Take care :) Love, Krista

The Mason Family said...

Glad to hear that you guys are home...there's no place like home, there's no place like home!!!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
She is changing in looks. What a precious little thing. Kelsey and I really want to come meet her. When everyone is feeling better hopefully we can get your way. So glad you are home and hope she gets better real soon. No Fun. So excited to here about Lindsay. She has had a long wait...
Love,
Randee

Raylene said...

sorry i didn't know you guys were inhouse sooner...would've came by to say hi, but glad that it was a very short stay. get better soon!
-ray

Lindsay Dean said...

Praying Maddie gets well very soon! Hugs to you friend~
Suzie

The Hands said...

Hey, I had no idea. I haven't gotten my "fix" (as Tim says) in a week as we are in Anchorage. Sounds like you all need a vacation! I'm sure Brian loves that you posted such a handsome picture of him! I'll give you a call soon.
Angie

michele said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry you have all been sick and poor Maddie with those bites and the virus! I am praying for you all tonight!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry you guys have been sick for so long. Hopefully this will be it for awhile.

allison said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! You have the cutest family!
Man, what a week you've had, you must be so happy to be home!
I look forward to reading about you guys...I can't believe I've never clicked onto your blog before. Again - really cute family you have!

Becky Noftle said...

Katie, feel better---you too Miss Maddie.

Stacy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Maddie and the rest of the family has been so sick. Just as the weather outside is warm and loverly! Thinking and praying for you all.