Saturday, October 10, 2009

baby blues

The biology lesson I remember most was learning how to create the Punnett Square. It was a way of working out what the possible offspring traits of two parents would be by recording the dominant and recessive genes. It's funny thinking back to that same high school biology class that my future husband sat just a row away. We were great friends, who knew we'd eventually fall in love and marry? So what are the results of our square you may ask? We have one of each, how I love variety. Our calico kid's eye colors are as different as their personalities. It's been fun guessing whether the blue eyes these three were born with would change in time or not. But it looks like Maddie's baby blues are here to stay! Here's our little darlings, all at the same age, 18 months...

Maddie with her blue eyes, inherited from my side of the family...
Cade has the darkest eyes of the bunch...brown. He also has the LONGEST lashes too, maybe this darkens them up a bit more from the hazel color they used to be?!? And yes, those lashes have grown back after his trimming :) Jace has his daddy's green eyes that tend to change with what he's wearing...he's our chamelion
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

allison said...

In our family Jon (dad) has brown eyes, as do the two girls. The two boys have blue eyes, just like me!
Kind of fun!
Also...didn't know you & your husband went back so far - pretty cool!

Brenda said...

That is so funny. It's the only thing I remember from biology too. And so far we are 4 for 4 with blue eyed beauties!

The Smith's said...

So I have another "you know you're a heart mama when ..." When I read your blog title, my first thought was that it was about sat's! Yikes! I was very relieved to see it was about eye color! Oh, your beautiful babes! Cade and Maddie look a lot alike at 18 months!

Hope you guys are doing well and staying HEALTHY!

love, Jesse

michele said...

Fun post Katie --- I love Maddie's hair on her pic! Blessings to you... Michele

likeschocolate said...

So adorable! So adorable!

Anonymous said...

I have to say -- Jace -- I miss that baby face. Now that you are all grown your are starting to look like a little man. Caden in my eyes you will always be a sweet, little baby boy -- even when you are 30 years -old:) And Miss Maddie -- when you are modeling maybe you can invite me to a watch you at a photo session!:) All your eyes are so precious and unique!

Love,
Aunt Sybil