Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the force is with CHD!

People living with CHD are all around us... it's really an invisible disease. There are an estimated 1.8 million Americans living with CHD today. That 1 in 100 statistic sure adds up! It's awesome there are this many survivors, living with varying defects. Maddie's specific diagnosis is only about 6% of the 1 in 100's born with CHD. It's rare.

Here's a cool story of the cute little Darth Vader guy from my favorite Superbowl commercial this year. He's been featured in the news, The Today Show, and CHD is really getting some airtime! Click here to read the story of this heart baby survivor!

4 comments:

Carly said...

OMgosh! I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing him on the Today Show. I'm following your blog now because it IS so rare to find another kiddo with Right Heart. Doctors keep telling us that although it is more rare than Left Heart, it is the better of the two to have. At first I thought "Well, that's weird, I'm being told this is a GOOD heart defect to have." but after meeting families with Left Heart, I understand why doctors would say that. I found go today we have been scheduled for the Glenn the first week of March. Did Maddie have any complications after the Glenn?

Miller Family said...

That was my favorite commercial too! It actually got me choked up a bit and then when I saw him on the Today Show, even more. What a story! Thanks for all your info on CHD!

Francis said...

Thaank you for writing this

Francis said...

Hi thanks for pposting this