Monday, March 11, 2013

Let's get caught up!

Sam is now 16 months! He's starting to talk and mimic us, which is super cute and we love getting him to say "dora", "oh man", "uh-oh", "ooh ya". He catches on really quick and keeps us entertained! Sam's a great eater but a petite little guy...his nickname from Papa was "Stubby" since he has the shortest legs of any of our kids, maybe taking after his grandpa?
 Maddie just finished up Hoopster Tots...she enjoyed it but had to sit down and catch her breath a couple of times at each practice. She's satting in the upper 80's now which is ok- wished she was into the 90's, maybe she'd have a little more stamina. I'm glad she's learning to self-monitor herself and she's not afraid to tell me or the coach that she needs a break. She turns 5 on Wednesday and we're busy gearing up for her party!
Jace won 2nd place at the Scouts Pinewood Derby...thanks to Dad and our cousin Bud for helping him build a fast Hot Dog car!
We enjoyed a little get-away to Silver Mountain in Kellogg, ID in February. The kids absolutely love this place- skiing during the day and swimming in the evening! There were several families from Royal who went as well which made it such a fun trip!
 Maddie even tried out skiing one day! I wouldn't say she loved it but she's given it another go since! We'll see...I'm not super pumped but Daddy would love her to be able to ski.
Preschool is keeping us busy! This is my last year...I'll miss it but my family keeps me busy enough :) These kids are so social and a blast...lots of characters in this class!
 My mother-in-law treated me, her sister and my sister-in-law to a fun weekend trip to Las Vegas. I hadn't been there in 13 years and whoa, it's changed! We enjoyed shopping, the warm weather & seeing Carrie Underwood in concert. Lesa and I also went to Bodies...so incredible. I highly recommend it! Amazing seeing the many hearts, especially a fetus' heart- made me cry.
Have I mentioned we've taken on skiing as a new hobby? We've went more this season than I have probably skied my entire life! We've made a lot of fun memories with the boys this winter. Caden is a spectacular skiier. Really. He's a natural and now enjoys going over jumps, skiing backwards, doing 360's down the hill as he skis. He'd also like to race he tells us...
I can't keep up with these guys anymore and frequently hear them yelling, "Come on Mom!" Cautious, that's me with these three dare-devils :) Fun times!

1 comment:

michele said...

Fun pictures! I love this "catch up!"