Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nany 9-1-1


Surprise and Happy Mother's Day, Nany! When Jace was born, we dubbed my mom "Nany" since we had called her mother, Nany, we wanted to carry on the tradition. Over the past months, my mom...aka Nany...has been our greatest help. I've called her my own personal, Nany 9-1-1...(Jo Jo from the real Nanny 911 show has nothing on Sus!) I just want to say thank you on this Mother's Day for EVERYTHING you've done over the past months. Many of you have commented on the strength that I've had and how well I've handled all of this...well, I learned this from my mama, as she learned it from hers, and Maddie's already proven she has this trait as well! Mom, you are my greatest example, my counselor and my best friend. You know me better than anyone else and you're always there to listen...plus you just know when and what to say, (even if its not what I always want to hear!)you still are teaching me. I'm incredibly grateful for you and thank God everyday for having you as my mother. I appreciate the sacrifices you've made for me...and still continue to do. Not until I became a mother, did I realize what a tough job it is and my mom made it look so easy! I just hope and pray that Maddie and I can have that special relationship you and I have and you and my Nany had- Thank you Mama, I love you very much and I'm so grateful for YOU! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!


Jace riding "so sweetly" on his horsie...she would have NEVER let us do this!

Caden at 9 mo. with Nany (need a more recent picture!)

Nany with her first granddaughter...Little Miss Maddie!

"Mom"

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth
tomorrow, but how am I am going to live there being so small and helpless?"
God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of
you."

The child furthers inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't
have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."
God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you.
And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand
when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet
words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your
angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach
you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"
God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its
life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will
teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be
next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth
could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave
now, please tell me my angel's name."

You will simply call her, "Mom."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie~ What a beautiful picture of you with your mom and Maddie. You are so very fortunate to have such a special relationship with your mom. I missed out on that with my mom but pray that I will have that with Kayla & Madyn. Love the "Mom" poem, as usual more tears:) Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!! P.S. you look amazing!!
Love, Krista

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate! You easily brought me to tears. You are so right when you say your strength comes from your mom - she is incredible and so are you! I am so blessed to have the both of you in my life. I love you both so much! What a wondeful post on a wonderful day! Love you!!
Kerry

Anonymous said...

Katie, What a beautiful way to express your love and appreciation for your mother. I am sure it touched her as it brings tears to us that are reading this. Happy Mother's Day to you! Hugs to the boys and little Maddie. Love, Michelle Dan Ty and Colin

Brenda said...

Happy Mother's Day!

KELLY said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! What a beautiful way to honor your mom on mother's day, Katie. Maddie looks amazing.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Rodeo Mom Boss Nany is one of a kind. I was thinking about you last night and remember how we use to call her Rodeo Mom boss and I had to add Nany to the end of it of course. She is a special lady that left a special impression on me. You are very fortunate to have her so close. Maddie looks great Katie. The first picture of you 3 is great. A keepsake. Take care and glad to see you are all doing so well. Love ya.. Randee

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie girl, you really got me this time. I lost my dear sweet mom 2 1/2 years ago. She was the person who taught me what it means to love someone, completely without conditions. I thank God everyday for letting me have such a good mom. Your mom is my friend, my hero, my soulmate, and of my heart. Her love for you, for all of you, knows no bounds. And her daughter is everything any mother could ask for. You are an amazing women, Katie girl. You have been give many gifts, the greatest of those being your capacity for fierce, tenacious yet gentle and sure love and total committment. Your babies will learn from you and your mom and her mother the kind of love that goes without question. Thanks for letting me be small part of your family. You know I love you. Sherry