Friday, May 2, 2008

What I Need to Say


The boys! Maddie and I are so lucky with the boys in our lives. Bryan made it clear to me that he "does not want to be on the blog" but I just had to put this cute picture of them. Sorry, Bry. Since I'm planning to publish this blog into a book to document this journey, it's not complete without you in it. I just need to say THANK YOU for everything. Thanks for putting up with me, thanks for helping out so much with the kids and thanks for your calmness through all of this. Along with being so busy on the farm, shipping cattle and staying up nights to do orchard frost control, you're always constant. As my brother calls our relationship, "slow and steady", even when our world has changed- I'm so grateful for you and I know that I can always count on your love, your patience and your wisdom. I love you.

Jace and Cade couldn't be more proud of their baby sister...and very proud to be BIG brothers. I was a little worried about how they would handle all of this change but they've done really well.

Jace is such an awesome big brother to Cade, entertaining him in all ways, pouring drinks for him, making peanut butter sandwiches, and kissing those owies that he created. Let's just say that Jace has taken up the slack around here when I'm feeding Maddie or "hooked up" to pump. He truly grew up while we were in Seattle...I feel like my 4 year old is now 14! Jace has had to make some sacrifices (like missing a month of preschool) but he's been so good about it and seems to understand why. But, we're happy to say that he's coming back soon to Miss Becky's to finish the year of preschool (as long as everyone's healthy)! He is the "Purell Policeman" around here...my germaphobia has worn off on him? Yikes! His sweet smile and take charge approach are such wonderful attributes in our home. Did I mention that he just adores his baby sister??? Finding the binky and getting diapers and wipes are his fortay! I'm so proud of you, Jacers!

Caden...our little Spiderman. He's adjusted to Maddie but his little spot as "the baby" has been taken by a high-maintenance little lovie. He's learning patience little by little. Cade's our alarm clock in the morning and I so enjoy our cuddle time together. Caden changed overnight as well when Maddie arrived...no longer looked or acted like my baby. Funny how they do that when a new one comes?!? We're so blessed with Cade's sweet, laid back nature and his great sense of humor. He's developed a new "giggle" that he uses after saying anything now. It's pretty hilarious. Our funny man, tough guy and little Spidey is such a blessing. And he can't get enough of Maddie...her eyes go wide when he sings "tinka tinka itta sta" to her! And I'm pretty excited that your little sister looks like she may have beautiful, long eyelashes just like you, bud!

6 comments:

KELLY said...

Man, Katie...everyone of your blogs makes me cry. Just like everything you do, you have just the perfect way with words. Maddie is beautiful and those 3 proud boys are priceless beyond words. What a special family you have. Aren't families amazing???

Check out my blog to see the pictures of Jensen obsessing over Maddie. He's still going strong. Can't get enough of Baby Maddie. Nor can any of our family.

You are in our prayers constantly. It's amazing what a "heart" baby can do to the hearts of so many. What a gift she is to us all.

Love,

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mom, you made it home for one month! You've traversed the long nights getting up, the NG tube, the pump, the bottles, the paranoia, the pulse oxymeter, the "looks" that only a mother can give to her child wondering if everything is all right. You've even made it to the ER and back. You still have a beautiful testimony of God's grace in your life to priviledge you with this beautiful child-inside and out!
Good luck as you venture out!
Angie

Courtney said...

What a cute family Katie! I love the pictures, she is going to very protected by those boys in her life! Very sweet! I had so much fun visiting with you today!

Anonymous said...

Katie~ These pictures are so incredibly sweet, I was filled with tears! Children are such a wonderful gift of God's amazing love, I don't know what we'd do without them! I guess that's why after 8 years our family grew from 2-4 kidos in the last 2 years, they bring so much joy!!! What a blessing as well to have the support of Bryan. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I know my heart has been forever changed and your sweet Maddie has added to my life:) I look forward to the months to come after her next surgery (which I am confident God will bring her through once again) when we can hopefully get our sweet girls together.
Lots of Love, Krista

Anonymous said...

This sweet family, what can I say? What a blessing all of you are....I will forever be grateful for each and everyday and for what we'll be........My cup is always full. Relish these days as they will be fleeting, the day will come when you'll yearn for the "Busy" years. I love you all, Mama, Nany and Suz.

Anonymous said...

Katie ~
What you have is something some people only dream about. Your family is a true testimony of how familys are suppose to be. You have 3 amazing boys and each one speical in their own way. Hold your heads high as you have the power and strength to surcome all hurdles. Our love,
Kelsey, Clint and Wade