Happy Valentine's Day!!! Bryan and I celebrated our Valentines day with a couple's massage and lunch at Cave B! The kids enjoyed their afternoon at Grandma and Papa Allred's house too. It was fun, relaxing, and gave us lots of time to reflect on this past year. Heart awareness day is not complete without mentioning the doctor's and nurses who have saved our daughter's life...I hold them on a high pedestal, trust & love them, and give them thanks from the bottom of my heart. Their job has to be so difficult and they always seem at ease and upbeat by lightening the situation when it needs to be and giving unending support when we, as parents, need to express our worries, concerns and ask our "millions" of questions. Our love and thanks to Seattle Children's: Dr. Vernon, Dr. McMullan, Dr. Chun, Dr. Jones, Dr. Baden, Elizabeth Hadland, Nurses: Ann, Maggie, JoAnna N., Rayma, Micheal, Miranda, Jayna, Carlotta, Diane, Meghan, and so many more!
To wrap it up, here's a CHD awareness video made by a 21 year old CHD survivor. Lauren has Tricuspid Atresia and is a Hypoplastic Right Heart like Maddie. She's had all 3 surgeries and is currently in college. What an inspiration for us to find adults with hearts only "custom made" by God!
This week has been extra exciting & exhausting for some of our heart friends too...Daniel (I've spoke of him before, Maddie's first NICU roommate) finally got his heart after waiting for so long, and baby Karlee got a heart transplant the following day! Seattle Children's has been a very busy place with 5 transplants already this year and these two were a day apart. Last year, they performed 15...which is simply amazing. We're so happy for their families and ask that you include them in your prayers, as well as the families who are grieving or still waiting for their miracle (Lindsay, Owen and Gracie G.). Unfortunately, a life is lost to save another...

6 comments:
Oh I am so glad you had some time to relax today... and to reflect. I will pray for these families you mentioned. Thank God for the fabulous medical professionals who are caring for babies like Maddie. May God bless them with wisdom and knowledge.
I've been reading baby Gracies' blog since Maddie was born. I am aching for their family right now. It makes Maddie feel even more of a miracle for a layman like me. I'm soooo glad you had some couple time this valentines day! You both deserve it and much, much more.
Did I see your little Maddie in there? She is such a miracle and it's been so inspiring to watch her grow. Happy Heart Day!
Katie-Thanks for making us all aware of Hearts Day! Feb. 14th has sooooo much more meaning now for all of us! Your friends are in our prayers and we sure think of you guys lots,too! Glad you and Bryan took some time for each other as well! Take care. Sheila
Hi
I just found your blog through Steve's and am enjoying reading about your family. My daughter has single ventricle and has had her Fontan.
I plan to keep checking in on Maddie - she sounds like a real little trooper.
Dina
jilliansommers.blogspot.com
Hi, found your blog through MC's blog. God bless you and your family.
You are special to him.
Our daughter, Ann, is a nurse at Medical University of SC in
Pediatric Cardiology, so we have a special interest in all of these heart babies. Ann took care of Annabelle Butcher her last day at
MUSC. They, too, are a special heart family.
Best of luck, prayers to you all.
Post a Comment