Saturday, March 14, 2009

What a party!

Maddie's ONE! We celebrated her special day with a cupcake themed party and I had soooo much fun planning, decorating and adding those special touches to a GIRL's party this time around, finally!!! Most all of our immediate family was here and our good friend Barb came to take pictures, thank you Barb!!! It was a wonderful evening filled with good food, conversation and tons of action (we're a bit crowded in our little home.) Miss Maddie seemed to just take it all in. She was calculated, quiet and calm with very few smiles...way to break her into a big crowd of people on her first birthday, right?!? She was oh so serious but seemed to like her special birthday and all of the fun that it brought. Thanks for coming everyone and sharing our special day...we love you all! Our "little cupcake" turned one and we all enjoyed the birthday fun! Here's some pics of Maddie's big day...

Stuck to my hip was where she enjoyed to be!!!
Auntie Lesa chatting with the girls about shoes, her favorite too!
Aunt Danyel & cousin Jillie...she's 6 weeks older than Moom's
Playing in the boy's room was Maddie's other favorite place to be...
Grandma Allred & Nany Stewart holding the "heart sisters"
Great Aunt Kerry...my dad's baby sister
Our BFF heart friends, Susie, Teagan and Gavin came up...we always love spending time with them and we both teared up when the girls were CRAWLING after one another...we used to dream of this day together... Teag's turns one in a week and we can't wait for her big birthday bash :)


Cousins, cousins and more cousins!
The pull-string pinata was a hit, what kid doesn't like candy?!?

One big, happy family!


Her big brother's helped out by blowing out the candle.




She was very "lady like" with her cake...



Loads of presents...tiara's, tutu's, purses, a quilt, tons of clothes, and more, she's one spoiled little girl! Even her surgeon, Dr. McMullan mailed her a book! How special is that!!!

We so enjoyed reading all of the wonderful comments for Maddie, I probably checked the blog 20 times a day! She is such a lucky little girl to have so many who love her and wish her well. Thanks so much for all of your support this past year, we truly appreciate it!!!

18 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!!! What a year it's been for you... I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration!

I'm pretty sure you have a cath coming up... we'll be praying for you!!

Andrea

The Mason Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun...wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

Susie Maxwell said...

Loved all the party pics, especially the ones of the 'sisters' playing together! Again, tears (I think this is the start of an emotional week!) What a great day yesterday, what a year! We made it Katie! Love you guys!

qwertycris said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! She is so cute - I love the tutu and the tiara. A girl can never have too many.

Britt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.
SORRY I COULD NOT BABYSIT THEM.:(
I WOULD LOVE TO ANY OTHER TIME IF I AM FREE SORRY AGAIN

Miller Family said...

Katie, you outdid yourself once again. What a fun thing for you to plan. You put all the special girly touches where they needed to be. Amazing! Happy Birthday Maddie! Here's to a lifetime of HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello Katie and family,

I just finished looking at the pictures from Maddie's party. How fun and exciting for you to plan this very special day. Even though you have not heard from me recently, you and Maddie are always on our minds and in our hearts. WOW! What a milestone that your beautiful, sweet baby girl has reached. Where has the year gone? God is so great and He has blessed you and your family so much. I am so very happy for you, Katie, and pray that Maddie will continue to do so well. What a cutie! I feel like I know her due to your blog. Thank you for keeping up the great work. How do you do it all? I am so impressed by your wonderful motherhood ways. Your children are so fortunate to have you in their lives!!! Bryan is a saint I am sure. I admire you for giving all the glory to God. We do take life for granted too often. After Jerry had his mild stroke this winter, we are realizing how lucky we are to be healthy. That is the Lord's greatest gift! Please hug all of your family for me. Hopefully we will see you this summer. Do take care and continue your constant faith. If you are ever in E-burg, please call me. We would love to see you and Maddie Moomers as well as Jace and Cade.

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Katie and Brian, what fun it is this morning to relive the fun of Maddie's first birthday through pictures. Thanks for honoring me with that task of photographer. I am a people watcher and as I took it all in from a visitor's vantage point, what I saw all evening was JOY that only comes in knowing from where your blessings come. How pleased God must be with you all of you. Happy birthday Maddie; and many, many more to come.
barbara

michele said...

Oh my... what a fun, pink, girly party!!! It looks like you all had a blast!! Lots of special touches... I am not sure where you find the time, Katie. :) With love, Michele

Anonymous said...

Katie~ Looks like you had a fabulous time filled with lots of fun, family & love! Maddie is so precious...I think she was made for tutu's:) What a doll! How special too for her to share her day with her "BFF Heart sister"! God is so good and I'm thankful for this season you're in right now enjoying every minute with your little love! I'll be praying for her cath coming up:) Love, Krista

Anonymous said...

Maddie and Family ~
We love the bday pics. You're such a sweet girl and we admire your many talents, accomplishments & strengths. May you celebrate many more birthdays...as special as this one.
Our love,
Clint, Kelsey, Wade & Blake

The B Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MADDIE!!! We love you so much & have enjoyed sharing your beautiful FIRST year with you! We love you, pretty girl!

Katie~ I have to apologize for just now checking the blog. I have just not been on the "web" much lately...so, I will be writing a little note to Maddie in the previous posting comments. She means so, so much to our family! Thank you for sharing her!


LOVE Y'all~ Rebecca

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Your letter to Maddie was so sweet and so true. I feel many of the same feelings about Conner. They truly are special spirits sent to earth to touch many lives.

I am glad you all had such a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday little Miss Maddie! I was hoping to see you for your cath this week, but I guess your gift will have to wait until next month. It's so great to see how big and grown up you are getting. See you soon!
-Ray

Becky Noftle said...

I have decided after seeing the pictures--that Steps Ahead Preschool has a new dress code. All boys in superhero costumes and all girls in TUTU's and Tiara's. Otherwise I will just look like a weirdo wearing mine!

Maddie's Mommy said...

This is the first time I've seen your blog and I just wanted to say Maddie is adorable!.. and that my little girl's name is Madison Grace also :) .. and they are only about two and a half months apart!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! You could not be cuter and we could not be happier to wish you a happy first birthday! I'm sure it was a celebration to remember. Katie, your quilt is gorgeous!