Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heart to Heart Picnic

On Sunday, our family of 5 attended the Heart to Heart Support Group picnic in Bellevue at Samena Swim Club. It was encouraging to see so many heart kids running around and thriving! There were 18 families that came and enjoyed swimming, playing, chatting and of course, eating. I love meeting new heart families...we never run out of things to visit about. Having a child born with CHD instantly bonds us together and I'm grateful to have met so many wonderful heart families along the way. It was great time to catch up with "old" friends as well as meet some new! Maddie's got some great lil' buds too :) Maddie following her buddy Luke up the playset! Such a big girl now! Enjoying the delicious picnic under the "funbrella" Most of the heart families are represented in the picture...minus 2 familiesOur "oldest and bestest" heart friends: Jesse & Luke, Susie & Teagan and Mimi & Mia. Check out Mia's smile...it's permanent on that sweet face! Maddie and Teags were happy to see each other! Sweet Mirabel and her darling mommy Cristy.Jace loved the monkey bars and picking blackberries in the park with Cade and Gavin (Teagan's big brother). Fun was had by all!

5 comments:

KELLY said...

How fun! Great pictures!

The Simmons Family said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Wish we lived closer. I hope to meet you all someday!!

The Smith's said...

Thanks again for doing so much of the organizing, Katie. It was a great day! Could you send me the pic of the 4 of us and also the large group shot? I would love to add those to my blog!

Can't wait until the next time we get to visit in person!

I have to tell you also that I LOVED getting some time with Maddie on the slide. She is the best thing ever.

Jesse

Mimi said...

It was such a fun day- minus me and Jesse getting stuck in ridiculous traffic!!

You did a great job- and I love your go getter attitude!! You didn't post a pic of your ultra fancy mended heart cookies!!!

Thanks again- and I can't wait for the next one.

Hazel Nut said...

I looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Your right, there is a never ending list of things to talk about with other Heart families...there is so much to learn and so many experiences to share.

Nice to meet you :)