Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sharing her story

I love talking about CHD's and Maddie's heart journey. (hence: this blog) My goal is that it provides awareness for congenital heart disease, provides hope and inspires others. This year, I submitted her story to the national CHD organization, Little Hearts. You can view her story here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! thanks for sharing your story, I'd like to introduce myself as another mom of a beautiful girl with Ebstein's Anomaly. This defect is so rare it's nice to find stories out there like yours that are full of hope and success! We're quickly apporoaching the second surgery and I'm comforted by reading that your sweet baby made it through. Thank you.

-Clare

mom2lo said...

What a wonderfully written story! Maddie's journey is such an inspiration and she sure is a beautiful little miracle! Thank the Lord for our sweet heart babies!

Anonymous said...

Katie-I love all of the info you post about CHD Awareness week! It truly is fascinating and gives Valentine's Day a whole new meaning! I just love Maddie's smile, your new house, and your family-look forward to visiting you soon! Love, Sheila

Becky Noftle said...

Beautifully written Katie. I love the picture, she is so darling and you do her hair so cute. My girls have to choices, I can curl it under OR up!