Sunday, December 5, 2010

thanksgiving

We enjoyed having Thanksgiving this year in our new home. It was my family's year and my mom had already done all of the grocery shopping, so she just brought everything up and we prepared the meal together. It was lots of fun and the turkey turned out great. She gave me some "lessons" on cooking a Thanksgiving meal, I really enjoyed the time we had together. I especially loved setting & decorating the table. (This has always been my job).

I made Maddie's dress and headband, she looked so cute in it and it reminded me of a calico dress I wore as a little girl. The boys enjoyed sledding with cousin Jett after our big meal....I can't recall having this much snow on Thanksgiving! Wished I'd gotten a picture of them.




We finished off the weekend with an overnight stay in Portland for the Duke vs. Oregon basketball game with Bryan's sister and husband. So we braved the roads with Mike & Lesa (only took us 7 hours) and enjoyed some great shopping too! We stayed at the historic Benson Hotel, which was so beautiful. We were fortunate to have missed the "near bombing" at the Xmas tree lighting in Pioneer Square...while walking through there, we kept wondering why there were so many reporters. Good thing the FBI was on the case and busted it far before it was planned to happen and lucky us. It was a fun weekend and we got most of our Christmas shopping done, with no tax! Yay :)

1 comment:

Amy Bennett said...

Wow, what great pics! Your home is just beautiful. And Maddie's dress is fantastic - I love it!!! Did you use a pattern?