I enjoyed making heart cookies and gave each mama this poem with an awareness ribbon attached as a favor for coming. I don't know who wrote this but I'd like to share some words that describe each and every heart mom I've ever met...
I Am a HEART MOM
Tough * Blessed * 1 in 100 * Inspiring * Pushed to the Limit * Prepared * Knowledgeable * Compassionate * Brave * Special * Tired * Grateful * On an Amazing Journey * a Germaphobic * Fiercely Determined * Selfless * Aware of What Really Matters * Amazing * Hopeful * Strong Beyond Measure * Courageous * Seeking Miracles * Sleep Deprived * an Ordinary Woman Caring for an Extraordinary Child * Living for the Moment * Taking Nothing for Granted * Doing What I Think is Best for MY Child * Loving * Willing to do What's Required of Me * "Okay" * a Cheerleader * a Warrior * Worried * an Example * Strength Personified * an Advocate * in Survival Mode * a Student * Lucky * Pleading * Following My Instincts * Nervous * Stressed *
3 comments:
Great minds think alike.
This was going to be my topic for my blog this evening...
And I was going to steal your cookie pictures that you posted on FB :)
I love our virtual space!
The heart mom poem was compiled by answers form a CHD support group I belong to through Primary Children's Medical Center called Intermountain Healing Hearts. One of the wonderful moms (Andee Sanders) asked us all what it meant for us to be heart moms and then created a beautiful graphic that she made into T Shirts for one of our activities. Her work has gone viral in the heart community and she deserves all the credit! I think she captured it all perfectly. Truly, no matter where we live, being a heart mom unites a group of women instantly with a love and understanding that others will never understand.
those cookies!
so awesome to have great support and other moms who understand where you are/have been.
saying some prayers for that sweet family.
Post a Comment