Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tagged

Our friend and AWESOME preschool teacher posted this tag today on her blog so I thought I'd play along too. I enjoy reading tags on other blogs and I'm sure that I'll like reading this again (in that "blog book" I'm planning to get bound someday!)

Tagged:

Five Years Ago I:
1. Was enjoying staying at home with Jace, he was 6 months old, after teaching for 3 years
2. Decided we needed some "color" in our house...It was a MUCH BIGGER painting job than I anticipated
3. Was planning our trip to New York and Washington DC to visit Derek & Carly's family
4. Finishing the last classes (at night) for my masters degree at CWU
5. My mom finally talked me into quilting! Started and finished my first one called "Snowball Star Crazy" (a "Buggy Barn" quilt for all of you quilters)

Five Things I did Today:
1. Ordered Maddie's birthday supplies
2. Did a couple of loads of laundry as well as put 3 full baskets away
3. Took the kids to the park for a playdate with friends and cousins
4. Made dinner for my brother's family for Tripp's arrival (I'm 3 weeks late)
5. Spent the afternoon at my folk's visiting and the boys got to play in the dirt with cousin Jett

Five Places I have Lived:
1. Symrna (Royal City)
2. Ellensburg
3. Royal Slope (still Royal City)

Five Jobs I Have Had:
1. Cleaned Houses
2. Preschool Teacher at Migrant Head Start
3. Taught 3rd Grade at Red Rock Elementary
4. Stay-at-home mom
5. Bookkeeper for the livestock books, also Bryan's "main hired-woman" when he needs me at the feedlot or orchard

Five Things I Would Do With A Million Dollars:
1. Have my kid's college educations secured
2. Invest for our retirement & future
3. Generously give to CHD Research for single-ventricle studies, like stem cell research, to help find a way to permanently fix my daughter's heart as well as many other kiddos' hearts with complex heart defects
4. Take an amazing vacation with my family to somewhere warm & tropical!
5. Pay back my mama by taking her on a shopping spree!

I want in 5 years:
1. my kids & our entire families all here, healthy, and happy
2. to be passed Maddie's final surgery and for her heart to be doing well
3. to be living in our new home
4. to have had another baby
5. enjoying life with my husband of 13 years and our 10 year old, 8 year old & soon to be 6 year old, plus any addition...busy times are ahead for us!

I tag anyone who wants to do this but especially my sister-in-law's: Sybil & Jessica and fellow Heart Mom's out there! Great way for us to get to know one another better! Have fun!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you for the valintines bag i love the candie lol. we have set up a new site for shayla i like it better then the caringbridge one. http://shaylawilson.blogspot.com/ also i figured since everyone else had one of these i would get one too.
Jamie

Becky Noftle said...

Your so fun Katie, it's kind of fun to look back and look forward and then just be glad to be where you are right at this moment.

Camille said...

I'm impressed you're already getting ready for Maddie's birthday. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm amazed with how much you keep up with.

Anonymous said...

don't forget you also lived in Seattle for a while. Hope all is going well give Maddie a big hug and kiss from the Fuhrimans

michele said...

These were so fun to read!! Have a great weekend!