I think Jace realized what a big milestone today was. He's been so ready for school and this new adventure called Kindergarten. How could I not share in his excitement too?!? I am grateful we get to come along for the ride :)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
1st Day of Kindergarten
Today was Jace's first day of Kindergarten. I can't believe I just typed that, he has literally grown up over night. He was so serious about it all and intently waited for his name to be called at the orientation this morning. But as he left my side to go stand with his class, my heart sank. My baby is growing up faster than I'd like. And I have to share him now.
I think Jace realized what a big milestone today was. He's been so ready for school and this new adventure called Kindergarten. How could I not share in his excitement too?!? I am grateful we get to come along for the ride :)
I used to teach 3rd grade at the school he's now attending, I took my leave of absence and later resignation when I was pregnant with Jace. Memories flooded back as I walked through Red Rock's front doors, holding my own child's hand for his first day of Kindergarten. It's a great place to be back to, only now as Jace's mom; not as Mrs. Allred, 3rd grade teacher, anymore. "My kids" (the students I once taught) are now Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors at RHS. Again, time flies.
After the parent's meeting, we were able to go back to the classroom to check on our child...mine was loving it. Here is Jacers with his sweet Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Stewart (aka Aunt J). It does make it a bit easier knowing he has his aunt for his teacher! I just know he's going to have an awesome year in Room 111.
And so I drove back home alone, in tears, until I saw these two faces...
Thank God I still have these cuties at home!!!!!
I think Jace realized what a big milestone today was. He's been so ready for school and this new adventure called Kindergarten. How could I not share in his excitement too?!? I am grateful we get to come along for the ride :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Katie, I have been blog browsing tonight, reading all of the other "1st Day of Kindergarten" posts of our fellow "1st Time Kinder Moms". What a fun and memorable day it was. For us and the kids. I think it will be a great year.
Oh this made me cry! I love your wording here! And I love it that you got to go home to those two cute faces! I'll bet Jace will have a fabulous kindergarten year.
Funny how you can fill so happy and so sad at the same time and about the same thing.
Feel--not fill, don't worry your kids are safe with me as a teacher!! Any deficits in learning can be blamed on me now!
So made me cry...I'm right behind you. Faith starts on the 10th and I'm having such a hard time coming to "grips" with this.
What a cute little Kinder kid you have!
I'm so excited for our boys and so glad they are in the same grade. It was comforting to have so many friends of mine there too! Gunnar had a great time at Jace's B-day. You could make a living as a party planner if you wanted. Thanks for a fun afternoon!
Hi Katie~
I saw your blog url on HRH.org so I came on over. Your kids are adorable!
I'm following you now so I can keep up with your HRHS battle first hand~
Lisa in TN
(Eli's mom L-TGA/HRHS)
@ All That and a Box of Rocks
Post a Comment