

Everything is going great...we've been very busy on the "floor". Maddie is on the "fast track" recovery plan and our cardiologist even mentioned that she's doing better than she could have ever dreamed. Our marvelous Maddie!!! It was a big day...her first bath, an echo, and her immunizations. Feeding is really the only "issue" that we have to get down before heading home. She's taking part of her feeds orally (by bottle) and part by a NG tube in her nose. I was a little discouraged when having to start the feeding tube but have been reassured that this is what she needs. She gets too tired during her bottle feeds and it's a lot to expect of her to finish her bottle (50 ml). We don't want her burning more calories trying to feed than she's taking in. Pretty simple. She also has to have fortified breast milk to up her calories, so that is why she has to be bottle fed (although I love nursing my babies...eventually, I will with Maddie I hope!)She does get to practice once a day so she doesn't lose that ability. Our team met with us today and started some of the discharge process (boy, what a process!) They're thinking Sunday or Monday if we don't have any problems. I hate to even say this...don't want to jinx us! Maddie needs to have a great day of feeding as well as we be comfortable with everything to go home. Since we live 3 hours from here, they're hesitant on sending us too early. Bryan is here now, which is so nice. I really do depend on him and need his support here. He's totally in love with the new girl in his life, I love watching him with her. Maddie is a very lucky girl to have him as her daddy...watch out, she will do no wrong in his eyes, I'm afraid!
9 comments:
Katie and Bryan. Just came downstairs to check your blog before bed. What fantastic news you have to share today. Maddie looks so adorable and Bryan does look like the love stricken dad. So sweet! I am so happy to hear Maddie is recovering so well. Wow, coming home would be so great!!! We are all thinking of you and feel so blessed to share in your excitement through your blog. Wishing you a great weekend and Maddie good, easy feedings. May God continue to Bless all of you! Have a great weekend. Michelle, Dan Ty and Colin
PS It snowed here for a little bit today. Colin got so excited when it started to snow, he wanted to go sledding. That's my optomistic Colin!
Way to go marvelous Maddie!!! What great news that you are on the "fast track" recovery plan. We are all so thrilled to hear that. We look forward to your post each day. Okay...we actually check it non-stop all day...what can we say, we're totally infatuated with your beautiful little girl...and we haven't even met her in person yet. :) So happy to hear that you and Bryan get to be together this weekend. What a huge blessing.
Continued prayers for all of you and for a great day of feeding!
Love,
The Rotters
Dear Katie and Bryan,
I was so glad to see your blog today. Sounds like things are going great. Maddie looks so cute with the bow in her hair. That will be great to get to come home soon.
Take Care,
Love Aunt Janet
katie and bryan thanks for the update i checked many times to see how things are for you guys sounds wonderful.we will continue to pray all goes well for you "Amen" to all your good news. many thoughts and prayers for your family !!jacquie and scott
Katie, I was cracking up at the coordinating blanket and bow today! I did the same with Samantha, with Sierra she got cute girl blankets and Bows for pictures, with Zoe, hmmmm not sure we have any pictures of children #'s 4 and 5??!! Excited for how well things are going. Maybe someday you'll have to remind Bryan how she can do no wrong--like when she totals 2 cars in high school, or loses his wedding ring because she thought it would look "cool" on her thumb. Not that anyone(Brenda) would do things like that.
Becky, I hate that you were around while I was in high school. Katie, this is fabulous news! I can't believe how alert and healthy she looks in that picture. She's such a tough girl. We have the same problem over at our house, Abby can do know wrong and Trevor is so over-protective with her. But, I do love it. There's just something about a Daddy/Daughter bond. Super sweet!
Wow I missed 1 day of reading and a lot of GREAT things have happened, I am so happy for you all. Maddie has wanted things her way from her birth and she wants to get home so it's not surprising she is on the fast track. If Maddie keeps up the great recovery and hopefully you'll see the Slope soon!! Yippie
Love you guys, Gari Lynn
Yes its true, Dad's have a way of melting when it comes to their little girls.
Katie & Bryan ~
Maddie is an amazing little girl with amazing parents. Our love and prayers are with you daily as we are eager to check Maddie's blog site to see her progress. Maddie has incredible strength and has become an inspriration to us all. The courage you share is above and beyond words. We're so proud of all of you. You've had to face so much and you've pulled through like champs! We love you always. Hugs & Prayers to you all.
Clint, Kelsey and Wade Endicott
Katie~
So thrilled to hear your wonderful news. Maddie looks so sweet and in all her pink. We are praising the Lord that he has brought her so far so fast! I'm so happy for you that you may be able to come home this week, thought you'd be there longer for recovery, what a blessing :) Such a sweet picture with daddy, there really isn't anything much sweeter than a daddy/daughter relationship. I'm excited that we get to have that all over again. We'll be praying that Maddie can eat well so you can come home soon!
Lots of Love,
Krista
Post a Comment