Thursday, July 17, 2008

Discharged for now


Today was SUCH a long day. After much contemplation and talk with our team, we were discharged to the Ronald McDonald House. Yeah! A break from the hospital will do us some good until Tuesday. We have all of the monitors and oxygen we need here. Maddie has done well the last couple of days so I felt much better about leaving Children's until surgery day. So our day was very busy and tiring. The process started early this morning and we finally were able to leave at 7 pm! Crazy. We took care of a lot of the pre-op stuff so all that is left is labs on Monday. Met with Dr. McMullan, Maddie's surgeon same as her first surgery) and he went over everything then I signed those dreaded consent forms. He feels very positive about Maddie's heart responding well to the Glenn. What great news and encouragement to hear going into this. During our long wait today, Lisa and Ava came and visited us. They were here for Ava's appt. and dropped in real quick to say hi (plus we treated ourselves to a coffee and brownie!)

So we're here at the RMH, House A, until then. It is really nice here...what a wonderful facility for families. We're laying low though...avoiding contact with other people in order to keep Miss Maddie healthy and strong before surgery. Hers is scheduled as 2nd case on Tuesday (around 11am?) so we'll just bring Maddie over Tuesday morning for it. I'll post more later on the details of the Glenn. My mom came over to help me out while Bryan went home to take care of some things, so she's getting a crash coarse in Maddie's world! We've enjoyed our time together, a fun "girls trip" we're having!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy AND healthy! I thought I could almost see a roll! I wanted to tell you, that clip of Maddie on the blog is now Randi's favorite thing to watch! So sweet! I find myself watching it everytime too! Enjoy your days at RMH, we are thinking of you. Love Andy & Danyel jadyn,wyatt,randi,jillian

Louise said...

What would we do without Moms? My Mom spent many hours in Hollys hospital room and the RMH with me-brings back many memories. Sounds like your in good hands, great doctors, top notch facilities and a fantastic Mom for backup. We're in Utah visiting the grandkids-everyone sends love and our prayers are with you.
Love, Louise

P.S. Maddie is the healthiest looking sick baby I've ever seen, must be all the TLC she's had the past 4 months!

Becky Noftle said...

I remember staying at the RMH when Holly had one of her heart surgeries too! I am feeling much better about the thousands of happy meals I have bought through the year. If it helps make you and Miss Maddie comfortable then I will happily buy thousands more, don't tell my Weight Watcher's group though!

Brenda said...

She looks so good Katie! Even a little chubby:) I love me a chubby baby! Good luck on Tuesday. We're still in Utah too, but are constantly thinking of you and Maddie. She's been the topic of a lot of our conversations here!