After staying the night at the RMH on Saturday, we got up bright and early and were home by 10:30 Sunday morning. We couldn't get home faster! Maddie has been doing well, we're still trying to figure out her pain tolerance, switching between the regular Tylenol and Tylenol with codeine around the clock. The downfall with the codeine is constipation...she's been very pucky as well, more than ever before so I can only assume this is from all of the meds she's on plus the volume she's having to take with her feeds. She's always been gaggy but she's been especially so since surgery. She has started showing some energy with her bottles, she finished 2 yesterday within our 20 minute time limit! Yeah! If I work with her longer than that, she ends up burning more calories trying to finish her bottle than what she's actually taking in. Maddie has become my 3rd appendage, wanting to be held around the clock, could she be spoiled?!? Ha! I think it's well-earned! We go back to Seattle next Monday for her first follow-up cardiology appointment.
The boys have been so cute with her since being home. They love to look at her BIG OWIE. She usually gives them a token smile every time they're near, even while constantly blinking, waiting for the boom to happen! She seems at ease being home, with all of the familiar noises of her brothers.
Maddie's 3 month pictures arrived while we were gone. They were taken a few weeks ago by Lisa Dorsing, you can check out her website here. Maddie wasn't the most cooperative, but I thought they turned out pretty good! She's so intrigued with her hands right now, which Lisa totally captured in her pictures! Enjoy!

11 comments:
Two gorgeous models, how could Lisa not get a good picture. Did that imply Lisa isn't awesome, because she is! So glad your all home together.
Sound glad to hear you're home and settling in again. Maddie will never cease to amaze us....pure amazement she's home and doing so well after only one short week. We're so proud of all of you. Love the pics....she's a doll.
Our love,
Clint, Kelsey and Wade
So happy you guys are comfortable at home again. Nothing like it! I love the pictures. Lisa does do a great job, but she also had awesome subjects to capture. Call if you need anything at all. Take care and hugs and kisses to sweet little Maddie!!! Love, the Miller's
Those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! Oh-you are going to have fun putting those all around the house!
So glad that y'all are home and together again. We'll be praying for Maddie's pain management and for her throw up issues. Those are never much fun. She's one pretty beautiful tough cookie!
Enjoy every second of having her attached to you!!! :)
Love & heart hugs~ Rebecca
Those pictures are so sweet! So glad things are still going so well! Good job on the 2 bottles Maddie!
Woohoooo! Home sweet home, in world record time! So happy that you all are home together to enjoy the rest of your summer!
Love, Jesse
Welcome home! I'm sure little Miss Maddie will get those feeds down quickly soon and start growing her own "Mary Clare" cheeks! (Is she on reflux meds?)
The pictures of Maddie are gorgeous! She is too cute. I love the one with you in the photo also. You two are beautiful together. I also have an extra appendage and have now for 13 months. I'm with you, I think these heart babies deserve it! Call me if you need anything at all! Love to you all, Kerri
There is no place like home!!! Glad to hear that you are home and that Maddie is settling back in. The pictures are BEAUTIFUL. I love the one of the two of you. Something to treasure forever.
Love your pictures. She is so darn precious. I love the one with you and her how fun. So glad you are home and things are going well. There is definitely no place like home...
Love, Randee
What a darling baby girl. I am so glad you are all doing well. Sending you love.
Congratulations! We are so glad that Maddie is doing so well and that you are home. Love the photos!
Post a Comment