
Here's Maddie's favorite sleeping position- she sleeps exactly like I do! Her day went pretty "normal" for her, she's a little more jaundiced today but that's nothing to stress about. We attempt nursing at her feedings but she is getting what she needs from the bottle...needs more calories so they amp up my breast milk so she gets the amount of calories she needs, since she burns more with her breathing. I've gotten a little attached to our day nurse. She knows more about Maddie than I do, which is a tough realization but Anne is who Maddie needs right now. My "mothering" is limited here...one thing I'm looking so forward to when we get home. She lets me do "my thing" whenever possible and usually I don't even ask, she just tells me when I can have my opportunities. Today, I got to hold her for the longest time. I reclined back in a chair and had her on my chest, felt her rapid heart beat on mine. It was so therapeutic for me and her, I think. We have a Cath procedure scheduled on Wednesday and met the renowned doctor today. Will talk more tomorrow with doctors about this. But we feel comfortable and very hopeful in what their ideas are to help start the process of fixing her heart. We also had visitors today, Bryan's Aunt Nicki and cousin Michelle, they brought us all sorts of yummy goodies and magazines that will come in handy during all of our "down time"! My cousin Jenni has also visited a couple of times as well as went shopping for us...we were lacking some clothes after rushing over here!

Our favorite Nurse, Anne...letting mommy feed Maddie a bottle!
9 comments:
Katie,
She is gorgeous! Love the pictures! I'm thinking of you and your family often...and sending up prayers!
Love,
Andi Eylar and family
Good Morning! Just checking in on Miss. Maddie. I love seeing her beautiful pictures. I'm so happy you got to have some "therapy" times yesterday. Katie and Bryan, you guys are both fantastic parents. Maddie is so blessed to have the both of you and all of your family support.
We are going to be away from the computer the next few days and won't be able to check in. We'll be praying like mad, though.
Lots of Love,
Kelly Rotter & Family
Maddie is very lucky to have such very special parents. You have a way of making us all feel comforted with every piece of news,i thank you for that. We are always thinking of you all.
Love,
Gari Lynn and Dain
how cute!! what a sweet picture, what a perfect little dreamer. thank you for the up-dates and sweet pictures so special for all of us to get to share in this. God bless you and maddie all of our prayers jacquie and scott
Katie and Bryan and the boys,
I am so grateful for this site and connection is gives us to you all.
Maddie is beautiful but who ever doubted that. Your strength, wit and wisdom is far beyond your years. I am ready to read the book you're going to able to write about this all.
Let us know if there is anything we can do. Sophie is doing great. She is running with the boys, sleeping in our bedroom at night and getting very dirty. She's going to need a bath before she comes home.
All our love, Aunt Shannon & Uncle Don
Good Afternoon,
She looks like she is growing everyday. She looks great. She is very special. Jett thinks her "tent' is cool. He has been praying for her every night.
With all our love,
Jason, Sybil and Jett
Mommy & Daddy,
The pictures are great! We have looked three times already today. We also went through all your family albums and had to point out mommy & daddy in every picture. We are just finishing dinner and then we are going to play a game of hi-ho cherrios.
We will say a prayer before we go to bed and when we wake up for our baby sister Maddie.
I love you! Jace & Cade
That is the cutest picture! We love checking in on Maddie and her entourage this way. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Again, and I know I've said it a lot, but she is gorgeous! The comment from Jace and Cade made me tear up a little bit. How sweet!
Darling picture of her sleeping with her arm up. I wanted you to know how happy and bouncy both your boys were at preschool today. They love Aunt J obviously. However; I like the way Jace pronounces "Jessica", but I am not sure I can publish that on a public blog!! Keep going, every day is another blessing.
Post a Comment