Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 5

What a busy day we had today...we lost total track of time and learning that this is normal in this place. Maddie was more beautiful today. We met with her doctors-we're learning so much. A Cath procedure is scheduled for tomorrow...risks are low yet it will be her first major thing done here, so we're still nervous. Part of the cath is done for diagnostic reasons and part to fix some areas of her heart. Some decisions can't even be made until they get in there with the cath. So, "game time" decisions tomorrow. Our confidence in the dr performing this is very high and we know we're in the BEST hands. We had a beautiful priesthood blessing for her tonight as well given by Derek and Uncle Jerry, after hours in our dark CICU room. We just need to have faith and trust in God that Maddie will handle this with ease and refocus our thoughts in that He is holding her in His hands. It's difficult to realize that this is so out of ours. Please pray for Maddie, our doctors and nurses, and for Bryan and I. We all will need it.

14 comments:

Craver's said...

Don't worry Katie we are all with you. And of course will continue to send outr Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Bryan, Katie and Maddie-
We are all praying for you and the doctors. Lean on God, He is there for you.
Tons of Love, Dan Michelle Ty and Colin

Becky Noftle said...

No matter who I run into in Royal we all say the same thing---we are praying for Bryan, Katie, Maddie, and the Doctors. You are all so loved.

Dane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You wonderful blogs are bringing back a flood of memories of Holly's first months- the first heart cath, the rapid heart beat. In fact, it was my Dad that first commented on the fact that she tired so easily when eating, and "panted like a little dog". She was 6 weeks old when we got her diagnosis, she is praying for you too. Keep the faith, we will pray for your doctors to make the right decisions today. Love, Louse

Anonymous said...

Katie, I can't stop thinking about you and Maddie. I have been praying for her and I know she is in good hands. I am so thankful you have this blog set up. I get into it first thing every morning when I get to work. I can only imagine what you are going thru. The love Maddie has for her will help her to be a fighter. I can't wait to meet the precious little girl. Positive thoughts are with you. Randee

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate and Bryan
I am so happy that you have set up this wonderful blog. It makes me feel very up to date on the news and then I don't have to keep bugging all of you. You guys are always on my mind 24 hours a day. I can't wait to see little Maddie. She is so beautiful. We must believe in God that he knows what is best - you and Bryan are amazing! Hang in there and keep the faith! Love you tons!!

sheila ziegler said...

Katie and Bryan- We're all praying like crazy! you are in our thoughts CONSTANTLY!!!!!! Can't wait to meet Maddie!!! Love, Sheila and family

Anonymous said...

katie and bryan thank you for your positive attitudes you are so strong, and to give it all to God is so awesome, cast all your cares upon him that is what we are called to do. all our love and many prayers. (call upon me come and pray to me and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12.) so sweet about her blessing you are doing great what awesome parents your kids have Bless you jacquie and scott

Anonymous said...

Kate -

You and Maddie are on my mind every hour of the day. I haven't met Maddie yet, but already I have so much love for her. I am so proud of you, Maddie is so blessed to have you as her mother, as you are blessed to her. Keep your strength. I've been praying for all of you. I love you all!
Lisa, Joel & girls

Dane said...

Dear Katie, Bryan, Cade and Jace,
Congratulations on the birth of beautiful Maddie. We are praying for her and all of you.
Love, Allen, Beth, Dane and Reagen

Anonymous said...

Katie~

I think about you and Maddie all day, and night...I'm up a lot at night as you can imagine and have a hard time getting back to sleep so I find myself praying for Maddie and peace for you. I know today is your first big day and I know you have more prayers being lifted up than could probably be counted. Remember where to fix your eyes and trust that God is in control. Another verse I came across today seemed appropiate, Matthew 21:22 If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer! Praise God. Stay strong.

Love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

What a great family Maddie has. She is indeed blessed. We pray for her and for all of you.
Love,
Laura

Brenda said...

People are praying for you all over, even in California! We're behind you and sending our love up to Washington! We'll be anxious to hear how it all went. Good luck and know your in our thoughts and prayers!